What's old is new again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's old is new again...

I remember lots of DIAGRAMS and even a few real pictures of jet bridges going to the front AND REAR of 707s....

It now appears Southwest is trying this out: http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article...n-11183003.php

Evan- will this crimp the flight planning and safety-check-walk around and rampie operations and result in get-out-of-there-itis and pressure and safety compromises?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    I remember lots of DIAGRAMS and even a few real pictures of jet bridges going to the front AND REAR of 707s....

It now appears Southwest is trying this out: http://www.sfgate.com/travel/article...n-11183003.php

Evan- will this crimp the flight planning and safety-check-walk around and rampie operations and result in get-out-of-there-itis and pressure and safety compromises?
    Dual door airstair operations are pretty common with 737's in Europe. I don't see what the big deal is here.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
      Dual door airstair operations are pretty common with 737's in Europe. I don't see what the big deal is here.
      They are spending a pretty decent amount of $ for a fairly significant amount of jet bridges...AND the back one is more complicated as you gotta get the jet bridge WAY out of the way for these somewhat important things called wings...may take two jet bridge drivers too.

Of course they are ONLY doing it to turn the planes faster, increase utilization, and wear them out more, and pushing the crews more, thus compromising safety.

Really cool that they claim it's to improve customer service and help the poor folks in the back to NOT wait for those incredibly slow people in the front of the plane who take forever to extract their carry ons from the overhead bins...but that's not the reason at all.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744
        ..., ..., and ...

Umm....

I just thought it was cool that they were 'building' the ole rear-end jetbridges.

Comment

Working...
        X