Hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there

New to the forum I'm 24 from Essex. , Thought i would sign up to get more involved and hopefully share a few photos of mine.

When i started plane spotting i was using a terrible 16MP camera 10X Op zoom, I have now gone out and purchased a Nikon Coolpix L340 which has a much better 20MP and 28x Op zoom

I'm hoping to get out at Heathrow tomorrow and give it a try, Any tips and advice anyone would like to share with me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey and welcome to the forums. You may be finding replies scarce as the majority of uploaders here probably use digital SLR cameras but I can try offering some advice.

Firstly, having more megapixels does not make a camera automatically better, just something to be aware of.

A few bits of advice, try to use a low an ISO as possible, either ISO 100 to 200. Also try to get the aircraft to fill as much room in the frame as possible whilst leaving a little room for cropping. For Coolpix cameras's, perhaps an aperture of around F5.6 would suffice but that is just a guess. I'm not sure how quickly the camera will focus and take images however try to concentrate on getting one image of the aircraft at an angle you like, rather than trying to take 7 or 8 images in a row. And lastly, practise makes perfect so when you get bored of all the BA A319's/A320's, keep snapping them.

Good luck at Heathrow if you get around to going.

Comment

Hi thank you so much for replying, I did manage to get over Heathrow. I have attached two of my favorite photos i took. I'm quite happy with how it went, Not bad for my first time i think

image hosting for ebay

Do you reckon these will be good enough to upload to the Jetphotos ?? I did upload the A319, But i imagine it will get rejected

Comment

Both are clearly backlit, so I gather they will be rejected as such. Try shooting with your back to the sun (even if the sun is behind the clouds ). The pictures will automatically become better and easier to process when the sun shines as contrast is then better. And yes, both pictures are also very blurry, i.e. not savable. Keep practicing!
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Originally posted by PlanesJamie View Post
          Hi thank you so much for replying, I did manage to get over Heathrow. I have attached two of my favorite photos i took. I'm quite happy with how it went, Not bad for my first time i think

image hosting for ebay

Do you reckon these will be good enough to upload to the Jetphotos ?? I did upload the A319, But i imagine it will get rejected
          Both are not centred/too low in the frame and not centred left to right. As Arnie says, they are backlit. They are also very soft and grainy. Your camera is not really suited for airborne shots at the quality that we require although well lit static shots on the ground may be useable.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum as well....
            4WheelOnline - We sell in expenses, but reliable parts and accessories.

Comment

By the way, in the photo are Boeing and Airbus correct?

Comment

Hope anyone could shed a light about my query.

Comment

Originally posted by alldaylong View Post
                  Hope anyone could shed a light about my query.
                  Your query is unclear. What exactly are you asking?

Comment

Working...
                  X