What's wrong with "backlit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with "backlit"

Is there any editing that can make this image acceptable?
    www.spotting.co.il

Originally posted by JTS View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5900121
    Is there any editing that can make this image acceptable?
    Unfortunately Backlit isn´t fixable. Try to take pictures with the sun in your back.

Best Regards and always happy spottings!
    Julian S.
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

OK,
      So why is backlit treated as something bad when the plane shown fully detailed?
      www.spotting.co.il

Comment

5 Rejection reasons explained - Exposure

5.1 Backlit

As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage. Backlit shots they will be rejected. As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.

An exception to this is when the photographer is creating a sunset/sunrise type at which time the vivid colors and weak sunlight produce very pleasing results-properly executed dusk and dawn shots are always welcome but please don't flood us with such images because they are very difficult to get right.
        It means that the aircraft is darker than the fore/background, that distracts from the plane.
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
          It means that the aircraft is darker than the fore/background, that distracts from the plane.
          Got it.
          Rules are rules.
          www.spotting.co.il

Comment

By the way... The location is LLBG, not LLAA.
            Yom Tov.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
              By the way... The location is LLBG, not LLAA.
              Yom Tov.
              indeed.
              www.spotting.co.il

Comment

I've had a few just rejected for backlit, problem is the sun was to my left and slightly behind so not really backlit, more like sidelit I guess I'll ask the tower to land on a different runway next time

Comment

Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
                  I've had a few just rejected for backlit, problem is the sun was to my left and slightly behind so not really backlit, more like sidelit I guess I'll ask the tower to land on a different runway next time
                  Or you choose another time of the day for photography. Photography basics.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                    Or you choose another time of the day for photography. Photography basics.
                    Oh I've shot at other times but some airplanes only come at certain times, and most of the ones that do come later are the ones not in the database or the more interesting ones of course!

Comment

Working...
                    X