Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated

Frustrated, I know I am not a great photographer, do not have the best camera or editing skills. I did not think this was a great photo, but thought it would probably make it. It was rejected, I had it as wing view and inflight. Appealed saying I do not know what was wrong, it was inflight with no airport in view at all, as the guide lines say "must be inflight if no airport is in view". If it was a borderline call I do not understand why the screener would not fix it and make a comment in the email. So whatever, I figured all good then and nothing else wrong so I re-submitted with the airport instead of inflight. Fast forward two weeks and gets rejected for Dark/under exposed and horizon un-level. I can understand the dark and under exposed, if I got that the 1st time I would have just gave up on this photo and moved on. I think it is level, the ocean is the same on both top corners of the photo perfectly, I think the ocean is level ? I guess I was wrong on the in-flight because did not get rejected for that the 2nd time when I used airport instead. I'm not trying to bash any of the screeners, I love this site and the hobby of spotting. Always looks forward to seeing if my photos get accepted and then just frustrated.
    Thanks for all of your hard work, I really do enjoy this site. Gregmac
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

There is no argument about the location, all we are talking about is horizon and exposure. The horizon issue is a miniscule 0.05 degrees clockwise rotation. You have not included EXIF data so I don't know what processing software you are using. Using Photoshop, for the exposure go to the histogram and adjust the midtones to a value of 1.4 by dragging the middle baseline arrow to the left.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

For me, if we expect the wrong info. the picture is way too dark and should definitely be given more light.

About the screeners correcting the location, please note that we asked screeners NEVER to alter infos because this was one of the best way to introduce errors in the database as any wrong typo would become a new entry in the database. We only correct categories and genre.

Alex

Comment

Do not worry. Jetphotos never follow a standard. They have rejected photos of me because they are, according to them, underexposed, but I see photos that would be overexposed and accepted. Photos with dirt, blurry. You wonder how they might accept it? 'Today I had a reject photo of being unlevel, according to them, I would have to turn the photo clockwise so that it was level, but if I did that the photo would be totally unlevel. That is, it is not really known if there is a criterion for accepting photos or not. I have come to think that it is enough for them to be clear and sharpen to be accepted

Comment

Originally posted by thyago View Post
          Do not worry. Jetphotos never follow a standard. They have rejected photos of me because they are, according to them, underexposed, but I see photos that would be overexposed and accepted. Photos with dirt, blurry. You wonder how they might accept it? 'Today I had a reject photo of being unlevel, according to them, I would have to turn the photo clockwise so that it was level, but if I did that the photo would be totally unlevel. That is, it is not really known if there is a criterion for accepting photos or not. I have come to think that it is enough for them to be clear and sharpen to be accepted
          Wouah,
          Welcome to the forum, what a great way to start posting here. We really feel your motivation to improve your photography and help the team of volunteer in a positive way with such smart and spot on arguments. thanks a lot !

More seriously, maybe you would like to share your rejections here so we can have a look ? Not doing it would really make your post totally useless...

Welcome again

Alex

Comment

Brian, thank you for the advice, Alex totally understand you comments. Sorry, I was just frustrated because only one thing was wrong on first rejection that I still think it should have been in-flight not the airport, I correct it and then the 2nd time it has two new problems that I do agree with, however I think the horizon is pretty darn close. No more complaining from me. The screeners and this site are awesome. Rejections just make me learn and improve. Thank you guys

Comment

Normal, I already caught reject in a photo 10 times! I'm surprised how persistent I am. The good side is that I am gaining experience.

Comment

4 days gone and not a word from Thyago the Troll !
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X