Thread: I'm with stupid ....

Default I'm with stupid ....

So I just had a "hot" photo rejected (new livery for existing registration) so I corrected what the rejection said to correct and re-uploaded ..... except I re-uploaded the old picture Bad way to loose a queue slot!!!

Share here the stupid things you've done (if you have ever done something this stupid )

You are aware that you can delete a photo in the queue before it hits screening right ?
    Just go into "Manage queued photos"
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Got a rejection. Was on holiday with no access to the original image. Dust spots only so copied to file on the laptop and removed dust. Reuploaded. Rejected again ???

I had not removed the original copyright bar when I copied the image.

PS. This thread could get interesting. We could have a laugh and also learn something so I'm going to make it a sticky.
    Last edited by brianw999; 06-16-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lund View Post
    You are aware that you can delete a photo in the queue before it hits screening right ?
    Just go into "Manage queued photos"
    This was my 3rd "hot" photo upload of the day, the first two took a few minutes before going to screening, this one was in screening almost instantly soooo, I wasn't able to delete it in time (by the time I got to the queue page it was already in screening)

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    Got a rejection. Was on holiday with no access to the original image. Dust spots only so copied to file on the laptop and removed dust. Reuploaded. Rejected again ???

I had not removed the original copyright bar when I copied the image.

PS. This thread could get interesting. We could have a laugh and also learn something so I'm going to make it a sticky.
    That's a good one too!

Of course there's the typical one, which happened to me on a trip to the airport back in my early "digital" days, must have been mid 2004 or so.

Prepared the whole thing, figured out where the sun would come out at sunrise, had the plane owner come early to position the airplane, set everything up, wait for sunrise

Here comes the sun, get ready to shoot ..... what's this "Insert CF" on the screen???

Long story short, I never forgot a memory card again, and always carry extras! I always carried plenty of film too.

And wow, a sticky! I feel honored!
    I'm all for helping out others and learning new things, they say it's best to learn for other people's mistakes

My probably biggest fail was my first ever Antonov. I was super excited and at the airport about five hours before scheduled take off (someone told me cargo planes don`t care about scheduling from time to time...).
    I just started spotting and photographed absolutley everything, so i had at least 500-600 pictures taken when the Antonov slowly moved to the taxiway. To figure out the perfect settings for the current light condidions i took some last pictures of any aircraft and the camera shut down.
    I photographed the An with my mobile phone, bought a second battery the same day and keep them ALWAYS charged.

Another day i overlooked the head of a guy standing in front of me on the picture during the whole editing proccess. But i saw it when i checked for dust with the queuetool, so no slot wasted.

Oh I've had plenty of moments!

Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
    Here comes the sun, get ready to shoot ..... what's this "Insert CF" on the screen???
    Long story short, I never forgot a memory card again, and always carry extras! I always carried plenty of film too.
    Did similar in 2013 except I left the battery on charge in the hotel room - forgot to put it in my camera! Only realised when I took out the camera to start shooting.

I've also left a Canon 60D and 2 lenses in a hotel lobby in Taiwan...

Editing wise I've made a fair few cock ups.

Plus earlier this year I was on a brand new Air Baltic C Series - the weather and light was perfect. Took out my camera to take a wing shot and the lens was broken!
    Life. Win some lose some!

Hahaha yes definitely!

I just uploaded a few weeks ago about 15 pictures at once

Fast forward 2 weeks later they get screened and one got rejected because part of the plane was cut off .... apparently when I centered vertically I must have moved it left too because the very tip of the stabilizer was clipped ... you'd think in 2 weeks time it was in queue I would notice that lol