Too Similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Similar?

This one was rejected as "Too similar", and when appealed asking "too similar to which one", the head screener suggested this was an issue for the forums, and that this might be the one.

What will soon be common is still a novelty.. C-FNOE. Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I would have thought one was a 3/4 shot, while the other was a side; shots that I didn't think were similar.

Any thoughts/ opinions?

Cheers

Dave Brook
    Cambridge, Ontario

I have to agree with the screeners, too similar in angle

Comment

Shots must be AT LEAST 45 degrees different in view angle to be considered as being not similar. That doesn't mean that a 46 degree difference shot will be accepted. The images need to show us something different. It could be 50 to 60 degrees different and still be considered similar.
      Last edited by brianw999; 2017-06-24, 09:59.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

While I obviously disagree (or why would I have appealed), I understand there are protocols you apply; hopefully with a lot of grey, since black and white rules don't work to well on subjective things.

I still wish that you would give photographers access to their own databases to remove photos that are similar that they now have better versions of. I think it would create another layer of quality control, save you this debate that I'm sure you've had a thousand times, and perhaps, make the experience more enjoyable. We're all just trying to have a little fun and share what we've seen, because we're certainly not getting rich doing this!!

Cheers

Dave Brook
        Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

Hey,

i have the same problem here.
          This photo of the whole plane get accepted about three weeks ago. Last week i have uploaded a photo of the same aircraft but itīs a close up of the nose section. Today i have received a rejection of this close up photo due too similar. But in my opinion it shows something different.
          Whats your opinion?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
          Best regards and always happy spottings.

Julian S.
          Best Regards from Germany,
          Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
            Hey,

i have the same problem here.
            This photo of the whole plane get accepted about three weeks ago. Last week i have uploaded a photo of the same aircraft but itīs a close up of the nose section. Today i have received a rejection of this close up photo due too similar. But in my opinion it shows something different.
            Whats your opinion?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
            Best regards and always happy spottings.

Julian S.
            Your example clearly falls within the Similar classification, according to the Photo Upload Guidelines:

"Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar."

Comment

Hello, good day to all!

I hope Dave doesn't mind me using this thread for another "similar" question. Anyway, I understand "Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight." My question is should the guideline be followed down to the text for pictures that are visually different enough not to feel repetitive, although they technically fall into the same rego+same angle rule?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	1016038

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A flying "dragon" in front of the hot summer sun.. B-HYJ. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

B-HYJ. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers,
              Edwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin View Post
                Hello, good day to all!

I hope Dave doesn't mind me using this thread for another "similar" question. Anyway, I understand "Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight." My question is should the guideline be followed down to the text for pictures that are visually different enough not to feel repetitive, although they technically fall into the same rego+same angle rule?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7956[/ATTACH]

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

A flying "dragon" in front of the hot summer sun.. B-HYJ. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

B-HYJ. Airbus A330-343. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers,
                Edwin.
                Hi,
                No those are different enough and shouldn't be similar.

Regards
                Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                  Hi,
                  No those are different enough and shouldn't be similar.

Regards
                  Alex
                  Thanks for the reply Alex. I'll click the Appeal button and see how it goes. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X