KMCO Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KMCO Question

Hello, I am a spotter/photographer from KBDL and I am going to be at KMCO for a night at the tail end of august staying at the on site Hyatt Regency. I know that you can see at least 2 of the 4 airsides from each balcony room facing outside. What are some good places to go that you to do spotting that is a bit closer to the action? I know the parking garages are a small bit closer but are they a good choice? Maybe the south terminal APM/Intermodal transit station if it is done. Thank you for your time.

As a regular traveler to KMCO, always heard worst things possible about planespotting there. In my last time in Orlando I drove to south cell phone lot, who gives you close distance (behind the fence) and beautiful light in the afternoon but, according KMCO official website, you must get an authorization first (https://www.orlandoairports.net/faq/#faq-123).
    My next time in Orlando I'll try in the South Lot. I know it has been a month since your post but many people avoid to take photos there because security issues.

Comment

I'm in Orlando august /september. I'm looking at going to McCoy Road just north of the freeway toll booths. GoogleEarth 28deg. 27' 07.72"N 81deg. 18' 46.50"W Obviously it relies on approaches from the north but you can adjust your location according to which runway they are landing on.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I'm in Orlando august /september. I'm looking at going to McCoy Road just north of the freeway toll booths. GoogleEarth 28deg. 27' 07.72"N 81deg. 18' 46.50"W Obviously it relies on approaches from the north but you can adjust your location according to which runway they are landing on.
        Citation service center just west of 18R might be even better. Plus, if you ask nicely, they may give you a tour.

Comment

Working...
        X