Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noise reduction caused Dark patches in sky - or dust spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise reduction caused Dark patches in sky - or dust spots?

Hi guys

This was rejected for dust spots: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5967218

During the edit I did equalize it to inspect and concluded there were no dust spots, just some random dark patches that always happens when the sky is a bit hazy and the image is equalized. Here is the equalized photo:

Could the screener have mistaken those noise in the sky for dust spots? Here is a photo with several real dust spots, as you can see, they appear much more circular and are rather obvious; I find none of those in the rejected 737 pic.

Instead of appealing, I want a screener's opinion on this.

Thanks.

Hi,

on your first picture i can find some very clear dust spots. (marked in red)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	b7jujd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1016006
    There are a few smaller dust spots on the right over the winglet.

I hope this helps, have a nice day!
    Best regards,

Julian S.
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

There are very clear spots. Remove them if you can but i recommend a sensor clean by a professional. If you remove that amount of dust spots, you will end up getting a rejection for something to do with "cloning"

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by hongmng View Post
          Hi guys

This was rejected for dust spots: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5967218

During the edit I did equalize it to inspect and concluded there were no dust spots, just some random dark patches that always happens when the sky is a bit hazy and the image is equalized. Here is the equalized photo:

Could the screener have mistaken those noise in the sky for dust spots? Here is a photo with several real dust spots, as you can see, they appear much more circular and are rather obvious; I find none of those in the rejected 737 pic.

Instead of appealing, I want a screener's opinion on this.

Thanks.
          Dust spots seem pretty obvious in these images..

Comment

Working...
          X