Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UPLOAD GUIDELINES - New version

The following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only.

4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database

Sometimes the first photo accepted looks like this
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7594484
    The subject is small, obstructed and it's not easy to find her in the photo. In cases like this can the first image of the subject as main object considered as hot?

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by MAG View Post
    The following will be accepted as hot for the first photo accepted only.

4. Photo of an airliner with a registration not in the database

Sometimes the first photo accepted looks like this
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7594484
    The subject is small, obstructed and it's not easy to find her in the photo. In cases like this can the first image of the subject as main object considered as hot?
    Not ideal, but yes such an image will be considered hot. The system will automatically tag it as hot if the registration doesn't exist in the DB.

Dana, I think he's talking about another image showing just the one aircraft being hot as well s the formation image. The formation flight was uploaded as a particular reg. If the individual image is subsequently uploaded it will not be automatically selected as hot as the reg will already be in the database.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    Dana, I think he's talking about another image showing just the one aircraft being hot as well s the formation image. The formation flight was uploaded as a particular reg. If the individual image is subsequently uploaded it will not be automatically selected as hot as the reg will already be in the database.
    Yes Brian maybe my question was not clear but you understood it... Yes I asked about the second upload when the first one doesn't show the aircraft properly (the formation flight is one of examples). I think the reason of "hot photo" privileges for photos of an airliner not in the DB is to have images for as much as possible registrations in the DB. But in case with the formation flight this image doesn't show particular aircraft and in my opinion equal to absence of the image. That is why I guessed that the second upload (if it shows just the one aircraft) can still be hot.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6552716

I don't understand the what's wrong here. I mean I understand it from the words but it makes no sense. First I got Bad motive due the guy in the back. So I read the it's allowed to make license plates unreadable. There was nothing about faces so I done the same. What else should I do and where is the difference if there is a plate or a face. It's the same result.
    There was no other motive possible. And I don't see the legal/law problem here as this guy is not part of the main motive and acting as "worker" on an offical airport in an public area next to a cafe and parking area.

Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar

We don't allow to blur faces (and seriously it really is the point of focus and ruins the shot) - The legal problem is bigger than you might think, specially with the new european regulation about privacy and internet.

I'm having trouble uploading a control tower, my first one under the new upload system. I typed in the 4 character code in the reg. & airport field, hit autofill. The airport is listed (not new), for Operator I click Other and Control Tower, the airport code in the registration box, but the "upload photo" button on the bottom is greyed out and does not work. What am I missing?
    View my photos at JP.Net
    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Hi.
    Have question about acceptance of covered helicopters. It's obstruction or not?
    I've found some pictures with similar or body covered helicopters. But I will wait for yours answer.
    Example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280_7660.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	532.0 KB 
ID:	16423

Thanks.

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by antonsarmatin View Post
    Hi.
    Have question about acceptance of covered helicopters. It's obstruction or not?
    I've found some pictures with similar or body covered helicopters. But I will wait for yours answer.
    Example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280_7660.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	532.0 KB 
ID:	16423

Thanks.
    This is acceptable.

Guys, is there a rule about part of wheels not visible cause of high grass ? Must the whole wheels be visible or may a small lower part been blocked by high grass ?

As far as I am aware a rough rule of thumb is that it is obstructed if 50% or more of the wheels are covered.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    As far as I am aware a rough rule of thumb is that it is obstructed if 50% or more of the wheels are covered.
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    correct
    Thank guys !

In addition the obstruction must be unavoidable. If the grass is low and you just had the only higher lump of grass in front of the wheel, it will be rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawk View Post
    In addition the obstruction must be unavoidable. If the grass is low and you just had the only higher lump of grass in front of the wheel, it will be rejected.
    That makes sense to me. I personally don't like partly blocked wheels at all.

Dear friends,
    I am writing here following several rejections during the last days.
    According to the new rules, as I understand it at my old age, photos of the same aircraft if they taken at different days, are not considered as "similar".
    Also, according to what the some of the staff wrote here in recent months, I understand that photo taken in sequence are considered "similar," but if a previous photos was taken a few years ago, it is not considered "similar".
    Also written here: "If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it."
    So I am really confused, and my feeling is that every staff member thinks differently, and so there is no uniformity in decisions.
    Apparently, even between the seniors there is no uniformity ...
    Best regards,
    Erez.

Hi all,

I apologize if this is not the right place to make this question. I upload photos since 2006 but I'm new in the forum!
    I would like to ask 2 question if possible. I have to upload 2 runways pictures taken when onboard of a plane. Do I have to flag Wing view category (the wing is not visible, but reasonably it's easy to understand that the pictures were taken behind a glass cabin) and even Airport overview in order to have the picture accepted? From the guidelines that's not so clear!
    Thanks a lot for your help
    Roby

Erezs,
    I think I know which pics you're talking about. You are right, we are way more tolerant on different dates but... If you take a photo from the same reg, from the same spot, which is as common as a Swiss 320 at ZRH, with exactly the same angle 3 years appart without any improvement in quality, the database really doesn't need that new pic, neither does your portfolio unless you're only looking for numbers.

So about your ZRH pics, ZRH has more than 20 spots all around the airport, why did you go to exactly the same spots again ?
    And then the numbers, I consider myself a local at ZRH and went there at least 25 times for spotting. I have 379 pics from there but never got a similar rejection...
    You've been to ZRH how many times ? 5 ? But you have the towering.... 1342 pics from ZRH !!! That's great but it also clearly shows that you're most probably not very selective...
    Be selective, upload for quality and not for the numbers and similar rejections will be history, simple as that

Regards
    Alex

Alex,
    Thank you for the answer.
    First I'm not looking for numbers.
    But if I have a new photo, even from the same place, but it is much higher quality than a picture from 2012, then according to your rules this photo should be accepted.
    But I understand from your things above that there are rules but there is no obligation to follow the rules ...
    Just by the way, in the photo from 2012, Swiss's livery it was old, while the new rejected photo it is with new livery, but you rejected the new photo ...
    Please see only one example below.
    This is the old photo:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7194499
    This is the new one but it's rejected:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6697246
    So you have rules, but there is no obligation to follow the rules ...
    Never mind, I'll go on living with it ...
    Cheers,
    Erez.

Erezs,
    The 340 you have in the database is way better than the rejected one. I didn't screen it but it was an excellent decision as the new one is barely lit by the morning light while the one you have in the database has a fabulous golden morning light. Both taken from same spot, same plane, same location.
    Oh and it's upload GUIDELINE, nobody said rules except you.

And sorry Erezs, but yes, it's all about the numbers, uploading the maximum pics possible, trying to bend the guideline in your favour, even by sending us PM asking for "exception" decisions (that has to stop btw)

Sorry but this is uploading for the numbers :

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9002338 + https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9002335
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9002333 + https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9002329
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9002330 + https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9002362
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9007044 + https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9007058

These are just a few examples of extremely common traffic in ZRH, pics are ok but have absolutely nothing special, they are taken only a few seconds appart. Can you imagine if everybody would do like that ? The queue would be at 32000 - Believe it or not but it's only a tiny tiny minority of the photographers on JP that would upload left/right sides of planes like that. I don't mind you upload 2 shots of a rare VIP SP at ZRH, but why would you feel the need to upload 2 shots of a BA 319 which we have 308 times in the database, why 1 wouldn't be enough ?
    My point is that it's okay, you're allowed to do it but PLEASE don't come and tell us and the community that you're not uploading for the numbers, and if you keep uploading the way you are, please stop blaming us for the similar rejections when you get some.

Have a good night

Alex