Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UPLOAD GUIDELINES - New version

The only one who is humiliating himself is you.

You wrote a very lengthy appeal for the categorie reject.
    That you are one the oldest uploaders here and so much experience etc...

Still you did not looked at why it was rejectd (Small prop missing) while that reason was quite obvious. A bit sloppy to forget small prop with so much experience and as one of the oldest uploaders....

Out of service I told you about the Similair shot and guess what? You tell us that we are just wrong and you are right.

And now you are pleading to have two similair shots of the nose and the back of an aircraft for the benefit of Jetphotos? You really have lost it now.....
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Okay, I lost it ...

All the things you both written here are contradict your guidelines.
    That's the only explanation.
    But blame me, that's OK.

The answer is simple, the pics look like being from one sequence of phase of light.

Secondly and that is the important part, we do not allow favouritism. Every user gets treated exactly the same, regardless if he has 10.000, 5000, 1000 or 0 pics in the db. So your demand in the appeal "I think the screener can add or fix the category for an old contributor" is not acceptable for us.

It is clear that now all the team members will answer the same answer.
    I expressed my opinion, of course you will all disagree with me, I did not expect anything else to happen.
    You are the cops, I am the ordinary citizen ...
    That's how it goes, I know it ...
    All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ErezS View Post
    It is clear that now all the team members will answer the same answer.
    I expressed my opinion, of course you will all disagree with me, I did not expect anything else to happen.
    You are the cops, I am the ordinary citizen ...
    That's how it goes, I know it ...
    All the best.
    And we didn't expect anything else from you.....

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinS View Post
    And we didn't expect anything else from you.....
    You're a very kind person ...
    Not everyone gets a such compliment from me ...

Erez,
    I went out on a limb and, based on your original post which inferred that you were talking about pictures that were supposedly taken almost 12 hours apart, I queried the validity of the similar rejection. That dropped me into an argument with a crew member who thought I was stirring up an argument.
    Now I find that the question revolves around two pictures taken 11 minutes apart that are looking suspiciously like they are part of the same sequence. As such, they were quite correctly rejected as being from the same sequence.
    This situation has led to me being made to look foolish amongst my peers. That is a situation that I will now be carefully avoiding in the future.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    Erez,
    I went out on a limb and, based on your original post which inferred that you were talking about pictures that were supposedly taken almost 12 hours apart, I queried the validity of the similar rejection. That dropped me into an argument with a crew member who thought I was stirring up an argument.
    Now I find that the question revolves around two pictures taken 11 minutes apart that are looking suspiciously like they are part of the same sequence. As such, they were quite correctly rejected as being from the same sequence.
    This situation has led to me being made to look foolish amongst my peers. That is a situation that I will now be carefully avoiding in the future.
    Brian,
    This is not true!
    There is a difference of few hours between photography time!
    The first photo was taken from one side of the island, on the morning side, While the second photo was taken from the other side of the island, on the afternoon side.
    This is so obvious with the different lighting, it is also possible to check with the EXIF data.

Best regards,
    Erez.

There’s something that I don’t quite understand going on here. I checked the EXIF data on both images this morning with one EXIF viewer and it showed a date and time difference of 11 minutes. Using a different EXIF viewer this evening gave a 10 hour difference ? !!
    Nonetheless, the images look to be from the same kind of sequence sufficient to warrant a rejection for similar. I like the head on shot for its dynamics but to be brutally honest I think the tail shot is boring and does not present the aircraft well.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

I do not know what you saw in the data, I know the time when I took the two photos.
    I took the first photo (the frontal) in the morning from the house in pink colours on the other side.
    I took the second photo, (That was rejected twice and it accepted now) during afternoon from the Nissos taverna.
    According to the criteria and guidelines of this site it should be considered as different photos, not as similar, that's how I understand the things.

Everyone is invited to look at the two attached photos.

The names of the files are the best explanation.
    Just a little clarification: in the first photo you can see the taverna (The afternoon position) in the center of the photo, above the bridge.

When I'm wrong I have no any problem to apologizing.
    I think you saw my apologies when I was wrong.
    I think this time I was not wrong at all.

Best regards,
    Erez.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It was taken in the morning, one can see here the location of the afternoon..jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	19056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It was taken in the afternoon, one can see here the location of the morning..jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	421.4 KB 
ID:	19057  

Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar

Instead of loooong posts, why didn't you post the examples like I asked you from the beginning ?? We don't care about your spotting locations, we need to compare the aircraft pictures.

Just another similar examples, I live close by to Payerne air base. When spotting there, you have 4 waves of F-18 a day. Usually those are the 6 to 10 aircraft by wave.
    Well, the F-18s you get at 8h30am are the same ones who are going to fly all day long. I can take a picture of J-5009 on approach at 9h15 and another approach of the same ac at 17h - they are similar, that's exactly your case here.

And please STOP saying you're not uploading for the numbers, it's starting to really be ridiculous and a simple look at your portfolio says exactly the opposite. For years you have been trying to bend the rules of similar, ask for special treatment via appeal or PM. That's enough now, we're really tired of it. You might be one of the oldest contributor but that doesn't allow ou for any special treatment. And no, from JP point of view we have NO benefits of having 3 pics of a Swiss A320 at ZRH taken the same day when there's already hundreds of pics of that A320 in the database. You're not uploading for the benefits of JP, you're uploading for your own numbers; it's fine, we're okay with it, just don't deny it.

You want to prove the opposite ? Very easy, only upload your best shots, be more selective, learn from your rejections instead of so many appeals and stop acting like the poor Calimero (French Cartoon character always crying "It's noooooot fair") - The energy we waste on replying to your posts and appeals are a slap on the face of the rest of the community because all that time should have been spend to screen pics, not explaining basic stuff to such an old contributor....

Alex

I will not relate to the personal stings, both of us know that you knew exactly why I was asking the question, but I wanted an answer in principle.
    bout numbers you're wrong, that's how you feel, that's not my intention.
    In the end I proved that ... Never mind... Forget it ... I give up, you're right... I'm tired, not just you.

bout numbers you're wrong, that's how you feel, that's not my intention.
    Really?

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9089195
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9080069
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9079770

If I may ask, what is your intention?

Quote Originally Posted by CO777/200 View Post
    I still don't understand how a frontal photo and a back photo, which taken at different times and at different angles is considered as similar. But I gave up.
    This discussion ended about five days ago.
    What exactly do you come to prove here? What would you do that for?
    BTW, I still think that three such photos, which are essentially different, and which have been accepted in accordance with the guidelines they do not prove anything.
    But you're a very friendly person. Thank you very much.

I still don't understand how a frontal photo and a back photo, which taken at different times and at different angles is considered as similar. But I gave up.
    BTW, I still think that three such photos, which are essentially different, and which have been accepted in accordance with the guidelines they do not prove anything.
    3 shots of the same aircraft on the same day is what all uploaders do right? O wait ......

Erwin

I was just asking for your intention! But Erwin nailed it...

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinS View Post
    3 shots of the same aircraft on the same day is what all uploaders do right? O wait ......
    I try to pick my best shot of one aircraft at one day. Makes uploading to JP also more challenging

What will you do if you have two good shots and you can not decide which one is preferable?
    Second situation: What will you do if you are a guest in another country, and you have some good shots of aircrafts that that you can not shot them in your country?
    So, It still should not prove to anyone else that you're just looking for numbers.
    By the way, I remember the days when this site just came on the air, when people from the staff here wrote to me and asked me to upload here my photos that they knew from other sites, to bring up the numbers here ...

What will you do if you have two good shots and you can not decide which one is preferable?
    Second situation: What will you do if you are a guest in another country, and you have some good shots of aircrafts that that you can not shot them in your country?
    So, It still should not prove to anyone else that you're just looking for numbers.
    By the way, I remember the days when this site just came on the air, when people from the staff here wrote to me and asked me to upload here my photos that they knew from other sites, to bring up the numbers here ...
    If only we could turn back time.....

Erwin