Clear All

• MAN-DUB-MAN Part 2

Hi,

Flight - FR0556
    From - DUB/EIDW Pier A
    To- MAN/EGCC T2
    ETD - 12.30
    Date - 20th Feb
    Aircraft - Boeing 737-200 Advanced - EI-CKS (Billboard Logojet)

Once again we turned up at the somewhat refurbished Pier A Check-in area for Ryanair in which was under heavy maintenance last time I visited Ireland. The check-in opening time was 10.30 but we turned up slightly latter at around 10.45 (Due to heavy traffic in the City Centre) to meet a long que of travellers for flights to Liverpool and Stansted aswell as ours to Manchester, we found this a little inconvenient as each party of travellers were walking through the others line to meet there own and the space in which we had to que in the first place was pretty limited. Any way we reached the front of the check-in desks and were asked the usual questions before being handed our boarding passes. We then proceeded straight through Passport Control with no restrictions at this end.
    After entering the departure lounge we firstly found a couple of potential shops that may have sold aircraft models, but didn't, a little disappointing. I then wanted to view the aircraft so went through to the gate area for Aer Lingus and was greeted by a Delta Air Lines MD-11 in the old, old colour scheme just about to push and start. Parked on either side of it was an Aer Lingus A321-200 and a company A330-200 "St. Keeva". Across the apron two bmi British Midland A320-200's were parked and on the cargo ramp was a TNT 727-200, an Air Contractors 727-200 and an Aer Lingus 737-500. It was now about time for heading to the gate as we were about 10 minutes from boarding time. Our Boarding Passes told us to go to gate A in the lower end of the Pier but as we got down there we were asked to go back up the escalators to another gate in the higher Pier. There we waited for the aircraft which was again slightly late (Presumably due to the appalling weather conditions). Due to the delay I once again found my self doing a bit of spotting and saw the Ryanair 737-200 Advanced "Ready to Go" Logojet (Until the later time we were told are aircraft hadn't yet arrived I was thinking I would have been on this) and a company 737-800. Well this passed the ten minute wait for the aircraft's arrival and within a couple of minutes, to my amazement was EI-CKS, (The Billboard Logojet) two logojet aircraft in two days, I must of been lucky. Well as in Manchester within ten minutes the aircraft had been fuelled, cleaned and loaded and was ready to board. The same procedure followed as in Manchester were as passengers requiring assistance or with young children should come forward to the gate first. We soon followed and once again we were all onboard within fifthteen minutes and the aircraft was ready to go, I chose to seat my self again on the right hand side of the aircraft pretty much on the same row as previous (by the window just in front of the wing). There was around a 10 minute wait on the ground due to poor weather conditions and a one crew member shortage, we could even feel the aircraft rocking on the ground as the wind was so strong. Soon the Cabin Crew were initiating the final head counts before they shut the doors. Not before long we had pushed back and the particularly noisy JT8D-7 turbofans were started. The captain then announced the route and apologised for the delay. As we began a speedy taxi the all female Cabin Crew aired the safety briefing and then "Cross checked and secured the cabin" before taking there seats. We joined a three aircraft takeoff que which consited of an Aer Lingus A320-200 and 737-500 a Ryanair 737-800 and Aer Lingus A320-200 also landed. Not before long we were lined up and waiting and then suddenly we were forced back into our seats and began to roll down runway 28, during are takeoff run we could feel the Pilot Flying (PF) fighting the winds and edging the aircraft onto the centre line. After and another long roll of around 60 seconds we rotated into the windy Dublin skies. During climb the wind was horrendous causing severe turbulence. Soon we were above cloud and the cabin crew were serving sandwiches (which were very nice) aswell as the drinks and duty free selection that was served the previous day.
    We levelled of at 16000 ft so I took the opportunity to take a couple of window pictures and continued to do so up until touchdown. After a short uneventful cruise we began our decent over the Irish Sea and toward Wales and then Liverpool. It wasn't until out of the cloud that we realised the full scale of the winds that beckoned us. The Cabin Crew did a final head count and made sure everyone had there seat belts fastened before taking there own seats for landing.
    About five minutes latter we were on the approach path for runway 24R and were feeling the full extent of the winds and final approach saw the wings dipping left and right and us hitting air pockets like nobodies business. After a somewhat awful approach (Although I did enjoy it and it was of no fault to the pilots) we crossed the threshold past the airport pub and made a once again latter than expected touch down. With touchdown saw us being thrown forward with the spoilers, reverses and brakes. We exited at the bottom of 24R and taxied past the aviation viewing park I am so familiar with and on towards Terminal 2. Whilst taxing the First Officer informed of the weather and told us we had made up for lost time and had arrived just five minutes late.
    Just as we were turning on to the stand number two engine was shutdown and we continued onto stand with the gentlest of turns.
    We were again told about the transport from Terminal 2 and asked to be careful when opening the overhead lockers.
    When deboarding the Cabin Crew thanked us for flying Ryanair and we headed to the front left exit down the steps and onto the bus that received us. The bus took us to Baggage claim where are luggage was waiting for us and we were almost immediately able to go through to Terminal 2 Arrivals were our ride awaited us.

Overall Ryanair once again impressed me with there speedy turnaround and friendly, efficient crew. Thanks to Cabin Crew Mandy for a great flight.

Ryanair get **** Stars (Due to the delay)

Hope you enjoyed reading Part 2!

Thanks

jmc_757-200

In Loving memory of Gill Jolley who Received us at Manchester.

Enjoy Every Moment

Hi,
    Any Comments on my review?

Thanks

jmc_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Nice review. Some spelling/grammer errors. When i type mine i generally type it as a document form on my computer so one I can have it for future refrence and two so i can use the spell checker because i can't type flawlessly either.

Comment

Hi Greg,
        Thanks for pointing that out, I will try and get round to correcting them all.

Thanks

jmc_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Hi,
          All spelling mistakes rectified.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Working...
          X