Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight attendant smashes wine bottles on a man who tried to open the exit midair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight attendant smashes wine bottles on a man who tried to open the exit midair

Delta Air Lines: Flight attendant breaks two wine bottles on man's head as he fights to open hatch, court documents reveal
    FBI report says Joseph Hudek continued to fight back and it took several passengers to restrain him

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7976[/ATTACH]

A flight attendant was forced to break two wine bottles over the head of a passenger who tried to open the plane’s exit door thousands of feet over the ocean, court documents have revealed.
    The steward broke the first bottle over the head of Joseph Daniel Hudek IV, 23, who had lunged for the door and fought with other passengers during a Delta Air Lines flight from Seattle to Beijing. But it didn't faze him, an FBI agent wrote in charging papers filed on Friday.
    Mr Hudek, of Tampa, Florida, appeared in US District Court, wearing a beige jail uniform and sporting a scrape or bruise below his right eye.
    Wow...
    Attached Files
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

He was not worth the 2 bottles of wine. There was zero chances that he could have managed to open the door.
    If he wanted to commit murdercide, he did not do his research.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      ...He was not worth the 2 bottles of wine...
      Disconcur...whether he was disturbed or just an assenger, he may have been a threat to passengers...

I just want to know why El Capitan did not zip tie him...seems he was doing more than passive refusal to deplane and asking questions.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        Disconcur...whether he was disturbed or just an assenger, he may have been a threat to passengers...
        Oh, that was not my point. I agreew with you (so you don't disconcur). But they could have left him fight with the door for some seconds while they assembled an army of 30 passengers to jump on him at once. There was no need to engage in an initial 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 fight (which is dangerous for the good guys) since there was no imminent danger (of the door being opened, I mean).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744
          UPS in my eyes is the only foreign airline where I'd become curious. They fulfil the 'older than 35 years' criteria.

Where do they fly these 5X-B744F to. And Cargo does not stand up and tries to open a door while all engines are running with M0.78 ..

But no. I've started my life as an aviation enthusiast on my home airport with passage. And you don't change a winning team.

Isn't it a paradox, that the B747 (-8i) only survives due to passengers who sit - a.o. - in Argentina and Europe? ...

With that background, imho alot of bottles can be wasted. Cheers.

PS: If you ask me, the B747 should survive because UA ordered 30 passenger jets of the B748i type. But that is not the truth. Not by far.

Home-grown was THE argument before the last US election. Not a year later it is completely destroyed!

What does this diatribe have ANYTHING to do with this thread?

Comment

Posts deleted.

LH-B744, please stick strictly to the thread topics.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              He was not worth the 2 bottles of wine. There was zero chances that he could have managed to open the door.
              If he wanted to commit murdercide, he did not do his research.
              might disagree with you here....the wine they serve on board these days is shyte. remember when there were actually contests re which airline served the best wines? i do. and i've had some pretty decent stuff while flying.

also, help me out with some clarification. i've read in various places that opening a door at altitude is "impossible," "near impossible," etc etc. so the cabin is pressurized to roughly what, 8000 feet, 6000 feet? this equals how many lbs/square inch acting on the interior of the fuselage?

Comment

on another note, have a friend that used to fly with 4 rolls of quarters and a tube sock in his carry-on. i bet this asshat would not have continued to fight after having been walloped with my friend's sock. oh, and totally legal to carry on board. US currency.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                  also, help me out with some clarification. i've read in various places that opening a door at altitude is "impossible," "near impossible," etc etc. so the cabin is pressurized to roughly what, 8000 feet, 6000 feet? this equals how many lbs/square inch acting on the interior of the fuselage?
                  8-10lbs/sq in at cruise. Maybe 6 at 18,000ft. multiply that by the sq in area of the door and you get the picture. Might as well have let him knock himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                    8-10lbs/sq in at cruise. Maybe 6 at 18,000ft. multiply that by the sq in area of the door and you get the picture. Might as well have let him knock himself out.
                    More than 10,000 pounds for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                      might disagree with you here....the wine they serve on board these days is shyte. remember when there were actually contests re which airline served the best wines? i do. and i've had some pretty decent stuff while flying.

Maybe if you were Superman or the Hulk!

Comment

half of me would probably be laughing if i witnessed something like that. the other half would be applying a sleeper hold to the hulk-wanna-be.

Comment

Working...
                        X