Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwegian Air Boeing 737-800 Transatlantic Flight - SWF to EDI - Trip Report - 1/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwegian Air Boeing 737-800 Transatlantic Flight - SWF to EDI - Trip Report - 1/10

This is a HD video of my flight from Stewart International Airport, in Newburgh, New York to Edinburgh in Scotland, United Kingdom. I start off the video with a little spotting at Stewart Intl. Airport, and I must say that the airport is very small. There weren't that many planes to spot or be amazed by. There is a military airbase on site, however the airbases view is completely blocked off by the "mountain" in front of the passenger terminal; however US Air Force Boeing C-17 Globemaster III's can be seen later in my video.

This is a new route for Norwegian, and I must say that the airport is too small, and isn't used to handling a high passenger load. The terminal cafe in the terminal building was simply awful, the food was very bad (I had to throw it away) and the staff would forget to do your order, so you would have to wait 25-40 minutes for your food, and I am not exaggerating. One lady waited 35 minutes for her food and it was insane.

The flight with Norwegian wasn't any better, I would have to rate my experience as 1/10 stars, because it was simply awful. The plane is too small for a long haul route, and the on flight service was terrible. The seats were uncomfortable for a long range flight, and the in flight entertainment system was a TV screen above your seat with no head phones provided. The in flight entertainment played some nonsense cartoon for little kids that no one would want to watch without having taken LSD. And the staff played these nonsense cartoons even while we tried to sleep, so you'd get constant flashes of light in your face in the dark cabin.

The staff DID NOT give anyone their food, even though a meal was included with the ticket for free. You would have to specifically ask for your food AND show that a meal was included with your ticket or else they would not give anything to you. The staff would simply assume that you were asleep and skipped 85-90% of everyone. But during the entire flight, the staff pushed everyone to buy something from the extra food/alcohol menu. And when I asked for wine with my pre-ordered meal, the staff looked hesitant to give it to me.

Other airlines such as Lufthansa or Finnair gives EVERYONE a meal, even if someone is/or looks like they're sleeping.

Simply put, this airline is very cheap and NOT WORTH the cost of a transatlantic flight. AVOID NORWEGIAN AIR LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Working...
X