Thread: Qatar Airways orders 748F

Default Qatar Airways orders 748F

Nice development for the carrier, https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/5

Qatar Airways has one of the world’s youngest airlines fleets, with an average aircraft age of approximately five years. Narrow-body and wide-body Airbus and Boeing variants operate a mix of short, medium, and long-haul international routes.

Quote Originally Posted by parsa33 View Post
    Qatar Airways has one of the world’s youngest airlines fleets, with an average aircraft age of approximately five years. Narrow-body and wide-body Airbus and Boeing variants operate a mix of short, medium, and long-haul international routes.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LUNN View Post
    Nice development for the carrier, https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/5
    Wow. Did these word really come out of your mouth, or is it a Fata Morgana? ... a (former) enemy of the 747.. unbelievable.
    Well, I've just read your words, and although I don't yet believe what I've read, I accept it.

It is not only nice for the carrier I'd say. Especially I think that it is a nice development for Chief Engineer Joe Sutter, who invented the 747, and who almost until his last day tried to sell his newest invention, the B748. I have one of his sentences in mind as if he were still alive: "Many pilots tell me that their favorite jet still is the 747-400. But if they once fly the 747-800 they'll quickly change their mind." (not word by word, but 90%).

I don't know who Chief Sutter had in mind when he said that back in .. 2011 (?)... Certainly not me. LH loves the B748, and I think that was one of the facts that he was able to see before he died.
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.