Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QUALITY Rejections

JetPhotos.Net Crew

Quote Originally Posted by ErezS View Post
    Dana,
    Just because you get into my money, which I think is not respectable thing, I'll tell you a secret, just to your eyes.
    I giving up with other things so I can fly abroad from time to time. I'm 58 years old, but I flew for the first time after age 40.
    I'm one of old-timers here, but I have only few simple cameras with few simple lenses, the cheapest equipment one can buy.

This discussion has unfortunately become disrespectful.
    Why did this happen? All in all that I wrote my personal opinion that you should not reject outright photos taken in bad weather.

Another people wrote similar things, but you personally decided for some reason to respond to me in the way you responded.
    I'm done here.
    All the best.
    There was no personal attack intended, and certainly no disrespect. I was simply trying to say that while it may have been hard for you to do your trip or buy your gear, there are so many others who can't even afford a camera and lens, let alone to travel outside their country, or even hometown. Just asking for a little perspective so you don't let JP's acceptance of your photos dictate how much you enjoy your hobby or your travels.

Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    There was no personal attack intended, and certainly no disrespect. I was simply trying to say that while it may have been hard for you to do your trip or buy your gear, there are so many others who can't even afford a camera and lens, let alone to travel outside their country, or even hometown. Just asking for a little perspective so you don't let JP's acceptance of your photos dictate how much you enjoy your hobby or your travels.
    I enjoy my hobby, regardless of the photos, whether they are accepted or rejected.

Maybe it's better to keep this on topic guys...

Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
    Maybe it's better to keep this on topic guys...
    +1

Let's now stay on the initial subject which was QUALIY Rejections

Alex (who spent a day shooting in mostly miserable light and weather at MAKS...)

I've just spent three days in Beijing hoping to get some nice shots. Unfortunately the weather here isn't always the best and east asia is generally having some pretty grim weather at the moment anyway. Finally managed to see the Air Koryo Antonov that had eluded me on my previous visits and some other airlines that we don't get to see in Shanghai. The photos that I have are, what you would say, for the personal collection. This is all part of the fun that is photography and hoping for better weather at Heathrow next month . Thank you to the jetphotos team for all their hard work and wishing us all some good luck on our next visits to an airport.

With options like flickr and facebook you still can share all pics you have taken without the need for any screening process. Imho this should always be your first option, with an acceptance at jp.net being just an added bonus. And the main part is enjoying the time spent at the airport.

Some people think they have to upload every picture on JP and canīt keep it for their "private" collection. I uploaded also some terrible photos many years ago. So shame on me
    As seahawk said there are many other opportunities to share the photos.
    So I am still hoping the screeners will keep a closer look on bad weather (quality) photos to reduce the queue.