Too much or too little contrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much or too little contrast

Hello all, I recently got another photo like this one rejected for "too much or too little contrast". I then reduced contrast and tried again but still got rejected for the same reason. What do you guys think?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm not a screener so this is just my opinion as a fellow photographer... The photo is taken on a dull overcast day so you will have difficulties with the contrast. I don't know if it is salvageable but there seems to be some "dead space" on the right side of the histogram. You can try to adjust the levels so that the histogram is more evenly spread out but I think you will still have issues with the contrast between the white aircraft and the white overcast background with no good light on the aircraft. The best advice is avoid shooting on overcast days.

Also, there seems to be an update to the upload guidelines: "Please note that photos taken in bad weather conditions are likely to be rejected for contrast reasons, unless the weather aspect adds something to the photo. Just like on this photo where the bad weather isn't adding anything to the photo"

So maybe this photo should be for your personal collection...

Comment

Originally posted by tombra View Post
      I'm not a screener so this is just my opinion as a fellow photographer... The photo is taken on a dull overcast day so you will have difficulties with the contrast. I don't know if it is salvageable but there seems to be some "dead space" on the right side of the histogram. You can try to adjust the levels so that the histogram is more evenly spread out but I think you will still have issues with the contrast between the white aircraft and the white overcast background with no good light on the aircraft. The best advice is avoid shooting on overcast days.

Also, there seems to be an update to the upload guidelines: "Please note that photos taken in bad weather conditions are likely to be rejected for contrast reasons, unless the weather aspect adds something to the photo. Just like on this photo where the bad weather isn't adding anything to the photo"

Excellent observation and absolutely nothing to add!!
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by tombra View Post

Yep, thumbs up! Great reply.

Comment

Working...
        X