Safety at Work Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety at Work Place

Aviation, as we all know, is a highly regulated industry when it comes to safety and compliance, however, safety is not all about what the regulations say….it is about our individual actions and behaviors….never walk past something that doesn’t look right, because normally it isn’t!
    Safety is about being responsible for our actions and our duty of care to each other as well as ensuring everyone travelling through or working in the airport has a safe environment to be in!

An airport is a complex and busy environment. We have aircraft operations, high volumes of people in one place, projects being delivered, we have people shopping and eating and drinking in our commercial outlets, we have lifts, escalators and Travelators. All of which are areas that accidents can happen.
    Actually, an airport is like a mini city with many different things happening in it.

I have been in this business for over 4 years. During this time I have seen far too many accidents at work. The vast majority of these accidents were totally avoidable, so I ask you take safety seriously.

Know your responsibilities and know your SOP’s. Never compromise on safety and make sure you lead by example. No matter what your role.
    Keep your eyes peeled for invites to attend some of these events and please speak with the Safety team if you require any safety related support
    I hope you have found this first BLOG of interest? Please let me know if there is any topic you would like me to cover and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards and Stay Safe.

By David Wilson, COO, Oman Airports

Will do.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
    X