Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection and category confusion

Hello guys,

referring to this rejection: http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5984618

I'm a bit confused here.

In the email I got it stated from what I can see rejected for (Bad Info) due to me omitting Google ref in the comments.

I thought it was wrong according to the guidelines so duly appealed it. Got a detailed reply saying I should have selected "airport overview" category.

This is where for me it gets a bit confusing...

I agree I could have added the google ref, but the description I put I felt was detailed enough to not warrant the inclusion of the google info (noting it IS optional).

I read through the upload guidelines before uploading it and I understood (or thought so) had covered all bases regarding the upload entering YBBN in both registration and also Airport sections. I duly selected "spotting location" as the category. Thought that is it, and waited 16 days to be told otherwise.

from what I can see, nowhere in the guidelines does it explicitly say spotting locations should also be in the airport overview category. I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that an airport overview photo would depict a large portion of said airport, not merely a spotting location.

Am I missing something (blind?) I just want to be sure I'm on the right page as the screeners. I appreciated the reply to the rejection even if it was quite blunt

sorry for the long winded post too.

The description doesn't say how to get there. Hence the reply regarding google coordinates, which are the easiest way to explain how to get to a spotting location. In addition, all photos showing parts of airports, as for example spotting locations, need the Airport Overview category.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
    X