Rejection Similar Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok let's make it simple :
    Your picture was correctly rejected. You ask us to make an exception. To be fair with everyone we say no. case closed

Might I kindly ask you to stop asking for exceptions, being for the birth of your gd-daughter or for any other reason (this photo has nothing unique at all) ? Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      Ok let's make it simple :
      Your picture was correctly rejected. You ask us to make an exception. To be fair with everyone we say no. case closed

Might I kindly ask you to stop asking for exceptions, being for the birth of your gd-daughter or for any other reason (this photo has nothing unique at all) ? Thank you very much
      I will respond briefly:
      First of all, and I find it hard to understand why it is hard for you to understand this: I do not asking for myself personally but for everyone.
      As I'm one of the first contributors here, I think I have the right to make suggestions.
      I'm not a young boy, and we both knows very well that there are many disagreements even within the crew members
      In conclusion: I stop responding here on this subject, because I continue to correspond with personal messages with some members.
      I'm responding now just because you responded, but that's it.
      Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
        I will respond briefly:
        First of all, and I find it hard to understand why it is hard for you to understand this: I do not asking for myself personally but for everyone.
        As I'm one of the first contributors here, I think I have the right to make suggestions.
        I'm not a young boy, and we both knows very well that there are many disagreements even within the crew members
        In conclusion: I stop responding here on this subject, because I continue to correspond with personal messages with some members.
        I'm responding now just because you responded, but that's it.
        Have a good day.
        As it seems important to you to base the qualification of a response on the authors age, maybe I will chime in, being also above 50 and screener here for more than 13 years.

OF COURSE there are disagreements within the crew about many topics. After all we are a bunch of about 35 screeners, which means about 35 opinions. Anything else than allowing open discussions would be a totalitarian dictatorship, which we don't have. But after all discussions we find a consensus with the best intentions for the website and for all involved and we stick to that decision to offer equal treatment for all photographers.

Any customer can of course disagree with our policies and offer suggestions, which are discussed here and within the crew and eventually - as we showed many times in the past - accepted and implemented. But what you fail to realize is, that there is always a point, where any further insisting on your point of view is like beating a dead horse.

Concluding: we adopted a new guideline for similar photos. You don't like it, fine, we know that. But as for now, we rejected your suggestion. End of it.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello.
          I'm not about one thing (english in not my language):

"Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight."

Does this mean that photos of different aircrafts taken from the same spotting place (e.g. with the same airport tower in the background) would be rejected?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio Canobbio View Post
            Hello.
            I'm not about one thing (english in not my language):

"Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight."

Does this mean that photos of different aircrafts taken from the same spotting place (e.g. with the same airport tower in the background) would be rejected?
            No they are not similair. Similair applies to the same reg.
            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
              No they are not similair. Similair applies to the same reg.
              Ok, thank you. It was that "or" that was confusing me.

Comment

The sequence is the same (taxi to take-off) - would it have been the 2 different sides it would have been ok but here, the 2 pics are too close from each other

Regards
                Alex

Dear Alex,

Are you meaning that left side and right side of the same sequence (Taxi, take-off or landing) are accettable?
                Like these two pictures:

LV-BYY. Boeing 737-7BD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

LV-BYY. Boeing 737-7BD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Regards.
                Giuseppe

Comment

Originally posted by wrth View Post
                  Dear Alex,

Are you meaning that left side and right side of the same sequence (Taxi, take-off or landing) are accettable?
                  Like these two pictures:

Regards.
                  Yes this is acceptable

(But if you're referring to a Gulfstream taken at SABE that we rejected yesterday, one of the pic was a front view, not a clear left/right option)

Comment

Yes this is acceptable

(But if you're referring to a Gulfstream taken at SABE that we rejected yesterday, one of the pic was a front view, not a clear left/right option)
                    Ok I have to take more familiarity with the new upload rules.

Thank you.

OT: sometimes I have some problems with the login of the forum.
                    Giuseppe

Comment

Yes this is acceptable

After reading all the 3d i can say i'm pretty confused. Please Alex can You help me to understand why this photo was rejected today, then?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Tks, Fabrizio

Comment

Clearly a mistake as it's not the same side anyway. Shouldn't have been rejected for similar.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X