• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection Similar Photo

Hello i have some questions about rejection similar photo
    Please help,
    1. Can we upload photos with same registration more than once? because,
    2. I just confused, my photo rejected for similar reason, then i asked where the similar, screeners team showed this photo.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8652323\r\nThis

and this is my rejected photo:

http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=5987230

So, where is the similarity of these two photos? thank you

from the upload guideline

2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight.
    Please note that photos from the same sequence (landing, taxi, take-off) are considered similar.
    If a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it.
    Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.
    We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than two).

Not only are those 2 shots from the same sequence but the angle is also too similar and background and weather conditions are the same. Also they are from a very common aircraft which means we aren't going to make an exception. Remember to always try to vary angles and position, that would also make your portfolio more interesting.

Hope it helps

Alex

Comment

You need to know that we are restricted in the number of characters that we can use in the email. The answer that Alex gave you would have been seriously cut off to approximately one third of its length.

You thanked Alex for what he said but.....did you not read the guidelines before uploading ?
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Dear friends,

I have a question about Similar:
        Are two photos of the same aircraft, which were taken at other times, not in sequence, considered as similar?
        I mean such examples:
        Photos taken during same day or another day, the aircraft looks in the same direction, but at different angles significantly , it is also considered as similar?

Kind regards,
        Erez.

Comment

If your pictures are facing the same direction and showing much the same detail then, regardless of the date or phase of flight they will be considered to be similar. Arguments or appeals saying that the difference in view angle is 46 degrees or more will not be accepted. We used to say that the difference needs to be 45 degrees or more but that wasn't working. People were coming up with ways to try to say that it was 46 degrees and that we had to accept the picture. Well, that is changing. Read the upload guidelines please here, specifically the chapter 2.6 which explains similar.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            If your pictures are facing the same direction and showing much the same detail then, regardless of the date or phase of flight they will be considered to be similar. Arguments or appeals saying that the difference in view angle is 46 degrees or more will not be accepted. We used to say that the difference needs to be 45 degrees or more but that wasn't working. People were coming up with ways to try to say that it was 46 degrees and that we had to accept the picture. Well, that is changing. Read the upload guidelines please here, specifically the chapter 2.6 which explains similar.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version
            Brian,
            Thank you for the answer.
            I'm apologize but please, In order to make it's more clearly, and to avoid unnecessary rejections, I will present below two scenarios as examples.
            I took one day one shot of an aircraft in the air, on the approach towards the airport, or after takeoff.
            On another occasion, not in the same sequence, I took shot of the same aircraft, but this time (for the example) you see the aircraft with significantly different angle on the runway. (For example: with smoke after landing on the runway, or few cm above the runway, etc.)

Will the scenarios I have cited as examples will got rejectionת despite the substantial difference between the shots?

Kind regards,
            Erez.

Comment

Best would be to post two photos, so we can give you a better answer and avoid misunderstandings.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                Best would be to post two photos, so we can give you a better answer and avoid misunderstandings.

Gerardo,

Thanks for the response, but I meant to this issue in general, not to specific photos now.

To make it clearly and to avoid misunderstandings I can post here now two examples from the past, which was acceptable during those days:

On short final to runway 30.. 4X-ABF. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Smoky touchdown on runway 30.. 4X-ABF. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

On short final to runway 30.. G-VIIM. Boeing 777-236(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Just before touchdown on runway 30.. G-VIIM. Boeing 777-236(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I hope that the above examples clarify my questions, and I asking it for the good of all, not for me personally.

If you will write more clarifications now, it will save time for all of us in the future.

Kind regards,
                Erez.

Comment

If you have read the revised upload guidelines you would read that this is considered similair.
                  “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                    If you have read the revised upload guidelines you would read that this is considered similair.
                    Erwin,
                    I think you did not read my question or did not understand what was written.

This new update of the guidelines is about sequential shooting. It's very clear to me.
                    I'm not talking about sequence, but about essentially different photographs, I talking about photos taken at different times, not in sequence.

So please your attention to the bold section:

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                    Brian,
                    Thank you for the answer.
                    I'm apologize but please, In order to make it's more clearly, and to avoid unnecessary rejections, I will present below two scenarios as examples.

I took one day one shot of an aircraft in the air, on the approach towards the airport, or after takeoff.
                    On another occasion, not in the same sequence, I took shot of the same aircraft, but this time (for the example) you see the aircraft with significantly different angle on the runway. (For example: with smoke after landing on the runway, or few cm above the runway, etc.)

Will the scenarios I have cited as examples will got rejectionת despite the substantial difference between the shots?

Kind regards,
                    Erez.

Comment

I give up. You seem to enjoy asking questions you know perfectly the answer. Enjoy your hobby.
                      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                        I give up. You seem to enjoy asking questions you know perfectly the answer. Enjoy your hobby.
                        Erwin,
                        Unfortunately you are definitely wrong with your thought. But I respect you like everyone else. it's okay to make mistakes, everyone is wrong from time to time.

Kind regards,
                        Erez.

Comment

If you would have taken the shots on different days, the pairs would not be similar.

Comment

Short answer is that they are now considered similar. They are both from the same landing sequence. To be safe your shots need to be well airborne versus very definitely on the ground and not from the same sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                              If you would have taken the shots on different days, the pairs would not be similar.
                              Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                              Short answer is that they are now considered similar. They are both from the same landing sequence. To be safe your shots need to be well airborne versus very definitely on the ground and not from the same sequence.
                              Thank you both Stefan and Brian.

That's exactly what I wrote here from the beginning.
                              Erwin did not understand that and he responded incorrectly and unnecessarily, but as always I have a lot of respect to all of you.

Kind regards,
                              Erez.

Comment

Working...
                              X