Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    Thank you both Stefan and Brian.

That's exactly what I wrote here from the beginning.
    Erwin did not understand that and he responded incorrectly and unnecessarily, but as always I have a lot of respect to all of you.

Kind regards,
    Erez.
    Nice comment slick.... if there is someone 'who dont understand' it's you. Awaiting your next humble question to aviod mistakes.
    Last edited by ErwinS; 2017-07-30, 13:32.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      Nice comment slick.... if there is someone 'who dont understand' it's you. Awaiting your next humble question to aviod mistakes.
      Erwin,

I can't understand your unpleasant responses..
      It's very unfortunate that you write so unpleasant about me.
      Despite these unpleasant responses I still have respect even to you, because I have respect to everyone, and I don't have a grudge.

Best regards,
      Erez.

Comment

Erwin,

I can't understand your unpleasant responses..
        It's very unfortunate that you write so unpleasant about me.
        Despite these unpleasant responses I still have respect even to you, because I have respect to everyone, and I don't have a grudge.

Best regards,
        Erez.
        Off course you don't.....
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
          Off course you don't.....
          If it is pleasant for you to continue in the same way... So ok, As you wish...

Comment

I think....we ALL need to take a deep breath and move on. Me...I'm off for a large Gin and Tonic and dinner. Having just taken a dose of morphine pain relief don't expect too much sense from me for the rest of the night.
            Last edited by brianw999; 2017-07-30, 15:20.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Dears,
              Can you confirm that you consider the rejected photo as similar and part of "the same sequence (landing, taxi, take-off)"?.
              I'm a little bit confused, because the angle is completely different.

Photo in JP DB: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8713426
              Photo Rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6103436

Thank you.
              Giuseppe

Comment

The sequence is the same (taxi to take-off) - would it have been the 2 different sides it would have been ok but here, the 2 pics are too close from each other

Regards
                Alex

Comment

Dear Alex,

I'm sorry but I have to respond here.

In my opinion, you lose the important of your own point with this recent harsh and strict rules.

I want to bring an example here so you'll understand what I'm talking about.

This photo was accepted firstly.

The attached photo was rejected because of "Similar" although I added a comment on the form to the screeners, that this is a unique photo and it's not very similar to accepted photo, although it is indeed a sequence photo, True is true, but I asked the crew to try to think outside the box, because until recently you'd accept two different photos like those both photos.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ErezS_LGKR_G-FDZF_20170721_Ver2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	1017486

The crew of course does not have to think outside of the box, it can decide to take the harsh side, okay.

Now I come to the important point in my opinion about the loss I talked about above.

After the rejection I uploaded this photo, that was accepted, because it's not similar to accepted photo by the new rules.

I would gladly to give up this regular photo if you decide to accept the rejected photo.
                  But you decided to be very strict with the rules...

Do you understand my point, Alex?

I think you should think again about these new and harsh rules.

Kind regards,
                  Erez.

Comment

Dear Alex,

In my opinion, you lose the important of your own point with this recent harsh and strict rules.

The attached photo was rejected because of "Similar" although I added a comment on the form to the screeners, that this is a unique photo and it's not very similar to accepted photo, although it is indeed a sequence photo, True is true, but I asked the crew to try to think outside the box, because until recently you'd accept two different photos like those both photos.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9554[/ATTACH]

The crew of course does not have to think outside of the box, it can decide to take the harsh side, okay.

Now I come to the important point in my opinion about the loss I talked about above.

After the rejection I uploaded this photo, that was accepted, because it's not similar to accepted photo by the new rules.

I would gladly to give up this regular photo if you decide to accept the rejected photo.

Kind regards,
                    Erez.
                    Hi Erez,

I'm not Alex, but there's really no thinking outside the box to do here. The two accepted images are clearly not in the same sequence, whereas the rejected one clearly is. The failing is yours for not taking into account the new guidelines rather than the crew's for being too harsh or not, as you put it, not "thinking outside the box".

You and you alone are solely responsible for ensuring your uploads fit within the site guidelines.

Paul
                    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Dear Alex,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9554[/ATTACH]

Kind regards,
                      Erez.
                      The rule changes for similar have been in place for a few months, and were discussed at great length among the crew. Yes, it does exclude some previously acceptable shots, but since the changes allow us to be more lenient for similar images from different dates, we are now overall accepting more images than before. This is a good thing which benefits the whole community, don't you agree?
                      Last edited by dlowwa; 2017-10-02, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                        Hi Erez,

I'm not Alex, but there's really no thinking outside the box to do here. The two accepted images are clearly not in the same sequence, whereas the rejected one clearly is. The failing is yours for not taking into account the new guidelines rather than the crew's for being too harsh or not, as you put it, not "thinking outside the box".

You and you alone are solely responsible for ensuring your uploads fit within the site guidelines.

Paul
                        Hi Paul,

I know you're not Alex, I know you ...
                        First, I would like to clarify again, after a long time:
                        My language is not English, unfortunately I have to use Google translation to read and write, but I'm sure I understand the rules and guidelines, also I understand what I read in general.
                        But I fear that there is some kind of language barrier between us, becouse I have some difficult to formulate in precise English, so some things can be interpreted differently.

Here I see you don't understand my point.

Yes, It is very clear that the two accepted photo are not in the same sequence, whereas the rejected one is clearly in the same sequence.
                        But I think there are certainly cases where something can be done outside the rules.

Yes, one can definitely think somtimes outside the box even if it is in the same sequence, and then don't accept the third photo.

Yes, I am solely responsible for ensuring my uploads fit within the site guidelines, but we both know very well that the guidelines are something one can bend sometimes.
                        I think the database testifies to this ...

By the way, I don't want to upset anyone, it's just a common hobby of us, so It's a shame to get nerves, but one of the crew members wrote to me today (without his name) : ''you need to understand that after a while it does get on our nerves''.

I think I know who is, almost for sure, becouse of some obvious marks in his writing style...
                        So again: It's a shame to get nerves, dear friend.

Best regards,
                        Erez.
                        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        The rule changes for similar have been in place for a few months, and were discussed at great length among the crew. Yes, it does exclude some previously acceptable shots, but since the changes allow us to be more lenient for similar images from different dates, we are now overall accepting more images than before. This is a good thing which benefits the whole community, don't you agree?
                        Hi Dana,
                        Of course I agree with this, but I still think that it is possible to accept also other cases as I mentioned. For example in the case of two photos of the photographer Giuseppe Battioli at the top of this page.
                        In my opinion this is a classic and good example that it is possible to be easier with the rules.

Best regards,
                        Erez.

Comment

It is also possible to be more selective with your up-loads.

Comment

Yes, It is very clear that the two accepted photo are not in the same sequence, whereas the rejected one is clearly in the same sequence.
                            But I think there are certainly cases where something can be done outside the rules.
                            So you're asking us to make an exception for your image? You don't think that would be very unfair to other contributors?

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                              So you're asking us to make an exception for your image? You don't think that would be very unfair to other contributors?
                              Not at all, I even brought you an example of other contributor!
                              Why is it so difficult to understand me?

Comment

Not at all, I even brought you an example of other contributor!
                                Why is it so difficult to understand me?
                                We understand you, we genuinely do, we just don't agree with your thoughts in this case. We have an appeal system if you disagree with a rejection and these forums to discuss any issues you might have, unfortunately if they don't give you the answers you need there isn't much further we can do.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X