Backlit + Too much/little contrast wrong + categories wrong or missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backlit + Too much/little contrast wrong + categories wrong or missing

I am a new member, number of my photos was rejected (I have to progress) and I would like to understand.

For this photos
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Screener wrote

- Backlit
    Cant I do something in batchprocessing? Jetphotos reject this kind of photos?

- Too much or too little contrast
    That mean, in my case that the luminosity histogram showing the graph climbing up the sides at each end, that's correct?

- Categories wrong or missing
    What I have missing when I filled the form?

When I receive the submission results, the link in this paragraph is broken
    Please be sure to check out our Photo Upload Guidelines page, for detailed photo submission guidelines, as well as detailed explanations of every rejection reason.

Thank you for your help
    Philippe

Salut,
    Very nice and positive attitude for a newbie. We know about the broken link and it'll be repaired soon. You can find the upload guideline here

I'll let my fellow crew members give you a more complete reply as I need to go now

Salutations
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by f1hgu View Post
      I am a new member, number of my photos was rejected (I have to progress) and I would like to understand.

For this photos
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Screener wrote

- Backlit
      Cant I do something in batchprocessing? Jetphotos reject this kind of photos?

- Too much or too little contrast
      That mean, in my case that the luminosity histogram showing the graph climbing up the sides at each end, that's correct?

- Categories wrong or missing
      What I have missing when I filled the form?

When I receive the submission results, the link in this paragraph is broken
      Please be sure to check out our Photo Upload Guidelines page, for detailed photo submission guidelines, as well as detailed explanations of every rejection reason.

Thank you for your help
      Philippe
      Backlit: The side we are looking at is in its own shadow. Always try to shoot with the sun somewhere in your back. There is nothing you can correct, as backlight results in dull looking main subjects with washed our backgrounds lacking colour. That's why Jetphotos usually rejects such photos. There are exceptions to the rule, when backlight adds something artistic. But that's 1 in every 1000 or so.

Too much or too little contrast: Is a result of a backlit photo. Now, you can add more contrast, but it won't fix the main problem of backlight.

Categories wrong or missing: This one needs Small Prop. For future reference, either check the Upload Guidelines or A Quick Reference Guide to Categories (updated 14 January 2013)
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thank you for your answer. This will enable me to progess. I hope so...

Comment

Working...
        X