Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection - Concorde at TNCM

Hello everyone,

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

As you can read the picture has been rejected for multiple reasons like the "Horizon unlevel", but some seems a bit extreme for it as "Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)" or "Subject too far / too much dead space".

I remember when I firstly try to share it here about three/four years ago the "Horizon level" was pointed (and to be honest, I still didn't know why I remade the same mistake once again...). It was corrected, then it was turn of the dimensions, which were not correct anymore, the picture taking a crushed rectangle shape. But they never mentioned the ones like today.

The first problem for me is the picture itself, the paper on which it was taken "aged" pretty badly and any attempt to play with the color is complicated (or at least for me).
    The second (and still the most important to me) is that I promised to share this picture about five years ago. At this time nearly nobody was aware that Concorde came twice at St-Maarten, now some pictures became available, but still it could be so better to give JetPhotos one of them.

As it was wrote before, this picture is dedicated to the Juliana's fans. And, even if I am not totally sure about, I would bet they would prefer to see an old, not perfect, picture of Concorde at their favorite place instead of a perfect picture with, let's say, a JetBlue A320.

So should I retry to upload it after leveling the horizon or should I draw a line definitely on it?

Thank you

Originally posted by B52STRATO View Post
    Hello everyone,

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

As you can read the picture has been rejected for multiple reasons like the "Horizon unlevel", but some seems a bit extreme for it as "Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)" or "Subject too far / too much dead space".

I remember when I firstly try to share it here about three/four years ago the "Horizon level" was pointed (and to be honest, I still didn't know why I remade the same mistake once again...). It was corrected, then it was turn of the dimensions, which were not correct anymore, the picture taking a crushed rectangle shape. But they never mentioned the ones like today.

The first problem for me is the picture itself, the paper on which it was taken "aged" pretty badly and any attempt to play with the color is complicated (or at least for me).
    The second (and still the most important to me) is that I promised to share this picture about five years ago. At this time nearly nobody was aware that Concorde came twice at St-Maarten, now some pictures became available, but still it could be so better to give JetPhotos one of them.

As it was wrote before, this picture is dedicated to the Juliana's fans. And, even if I am not totally sure about, I would bet they would prefer to see an old, not perfect, picture of Concorde at their favorite place instead of a perfect picture with, let's say, a JetBlue A320.

So should I retry to upload it after leveling the horizon or should I draw a line definitely on it?

Thank you
    If I were you, I would drop it and publish it elsewhere, Flickr or Facebook for example. There are tons of photos of this Concorde and the quality of your photo is below par. Main killer is the backlight, which simply kills the photo.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you
      Hi, I was the first screener on this one. We are generally much more lenient the older and more rare an image is. I debated accepting it was it was, but decided that the color and horizon were off badly enough (and easy enough to fix) that it should be rejected. Whoever screened it next added the other issues, that while I admit are present, I don't agree with as they probably should have been overlooked due the age/rarity. I suggest fixing the color and horizon, and in doing the latter, you will automatically need to adjust the framing. Honestly, I would ignore the backlit rejection, as if all else is fixed, it would be pedantic to reject it only for that.

I've done a quick edit below so you can see what to aim for, but if you would like more help with the original, feel free to contact me directly, as I for one would like to see the image ending up in the DB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19304_1501193192.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	539.6 KB
ID:	1016251

Edit: haha..I see Geri beat me with his answer, but I'll stand by mine and agree to disagree that you shouldn't give it another shot
      Last edited by dlowwa; 2017-08-10, 04:31.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        Hi, I was the first screener on this one. We are generally much more lenient the older and more rare an image is. I debated accepting it was it was, but decided that the color and horizon were off badly enough (and easy enough to fix) that it should be rejected. Whoever screened it next added the other issues, that while I admit are present, I don't agree with as they probably should have been overlooked due the age/rarity. I suggest fixing the color and horizon, and in doing the latter, you will automatically need to adjust the framing. Honestly, I would ignore the backlit rejection, as if all else is fixed, it would be pedantic to reject it only for that.

I've done a quick edit below so you can see what to aim for, but if you would like more help with the original, feel free to contact me directly, as I for one would like to see the image ending up in the DB.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8225[/ATTACH]

Edit: haha..I see Geri beat me with his answer, but I'll stand by mine and agree to disagree that you shouldn't give it another shot
        Thank you so much for your fast answer Didi.
        I will try to work on it tomorrow.
        Would you see any problem if I send you the result? (it would save some time to the screeners like that )

Comment

Thank you so much for your fast answer Didi.
          I will try to work on it tomorrow.
          Would you see any problem if I send you the result? (it would save some time to the screeners like that )
          Sure, no problem.

Comment

Working...
          X