Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Immediately effective: Starter Queue

  1. #1
    Administrator justtosim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    492

    Default Immediately effective: Starter Queue

    Dear contributors,

    As of today, a photographer starts with 5 queue slots.
    As soon as a number of 10 photos in database has been reached, the queue limit will be increased to the usual 20.

    We have taken this measure as we see more and more photographers starting with a full queue of photos with the same flaws.
    This is often resulting in rejection of all queued photos, which is as disappointing for photographers as it is for us, screeners.

    In addition, we believe that this measure will take some pressure off the queue, which is in the end, good for everybody.

    As always, we can recommend photographers to take the time to fully read our upload guidelines and most of all, to use our forum where we'll be glad to help you.

    Thank you for your understanding,

    Your JetPhotos screening team
    Simon De Rudder
    JetPhotos Management Team

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    And once we reach 100 accepted photos it goes up to 30 right? One can dream

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    93

    Default

    one of the best "solution" that i ve ever see about JP. i believe that, the solution can keep queue acceptable limits.

  4. #4
    JetPhotos.Net Crew Stephan Rossouw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justtosim View Post
    Dear contributors,

    As of today, a photographer starts with 5 queue slots.
    As soon as a number of 10 photos in database has been reached, the queue limit will be increased to the usual 20.

    We have taken this measure as we see more and more photographers starting with a full queue of photos with the same flaws.
    This is often resulting in rejection of all queued photos, which is as disappointing for photographers as it is for us, screeners.

    In addition, we believe that this measure will take some pressure off the queue, which is in the end, good for everybody.

    As always, we can recommend photographers to take the time to fully read our upload guidelines and most of all, to use our forum where we'll be glad to help you.

    Thank you for your understanding,

    Your JetPhotos screening team
    Thank you Simon.

  5. #5
    Member Kulverstukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
    And once we reach 100 accepted photos it goes up to 30 right? One can dream
    Unfortunately, you can have only 20 even with thousands of photos accepted. And this means that you limited to about 40 photo per month max (because queue is at lest 2 weeks long) even with zero rejection rate.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Munich Germany
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Is it possible to expand this system in the future?
    Maybe X accepted Photos and less then X% rejection = X more slots

  7. #7
    Member CO777/200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EDQG - Giebelstadt, DE
    Posts
    197

    Default

    What is the maximimum of uploads I can have in the queue as a "non starter".

  8. #8
    JPElite Member! TomEPKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Krakow
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CO777/200 View Post
    What is the maximimum of uploads I can have in the queue as a "non starter".
    It's 20, or - if you had premium account - 100.

  9. #9
    Member CO777/200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EDQG - Giebelstadt, DE
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomEPKK View Post
    It's 20, or - if you had premium account - 100.
    With "premium account" you mean JP-Elite. Thought this is history!?

  10. #10
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,409

    Default

    He said if you HAD, which is for the people who used to have JP elite before.

    Regards
    Alex

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    KLAS
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Is JP Elite ever coming back?
    I feel 20 is a good balance, especially since the screeners have been doing a good job moving the queue lately! But I wouldn't mind getting more, like 30.
    I've been on medical leave for 4 and a half months now and this keeps me going hahahaha! I check my queue every day even knowing I still have 10+ days to go lol OCD I guess!
    The good thing is, during those 10-15 days I wait for screening, my "self screening" gets tougher and my folder waiting for upload shrinks, I had over 200 pictures in there, and now I have 3 left!!!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 71sbeetle View Post
    Is JP Elite ever coming back?
    I feel 20 is a good balance, especially since the screeners have been doing a good job moving the queue lately! But I wouldn't mind getting more, like 30.
    I've been on medical leave for 4 and a half months now and this keeps me going hahahaha! I check my queue every day even knowing I still have 10+ days to go lol OCD I guess!
    The good thing is, during those 10-15 days I wait for screening, my "self screening" gets tougher and my folder waiting for upload shrinks, I had over 200 pictures in there, and now I have 3 left!!!
    Hi,

    This question has come up quite a few times since 2015 when Elite membership was disabled.

    We don't have any immediate plans to reintroduce a membership scheme at the moment but it is something that we may possibly explore further in the future.

    Regards,
    Laurence

  13. #13
    Member CO777/200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EDQG - Giebelstadt, DE
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    He said if you HAD, which is for the people who used to have JP elite before.

    Regards
    Alex
    So I still benefit for beeing an Elite Member in the past. Crazy

  14. #14
    Senior Member brianw999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK.
    Posts
    11,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CO777/200 View Post
    So I still benefit for beeing an Elite Member in the past. Crazy
    Don't knock it, we could always cancel all reference to past Elite membership and drop everyone to 20 max in the queue. We would of course have to advise the ex Elite members who suggested it and your inbox might possibly get rather full !!
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !


  15. #15
    Member CO777/200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EDQG - Giebelstadt, DE
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    Don't knock it, we could always cancel all reference to past Elite membership and drop everyone to 20 max in the queue. We would of course have to advise the ex Elite members who suggested it and your inbox might possibly get rather full !!
    Everything is fine as it is right now. I said nothing

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justtosim View Post
    Dear contributors,

    As of today, a photographer starts with 5 queue slots.
    As soon as a number of 10 photos in database has been reached, the queue limit will be increased to the usual 20.

    We have taken this measure as we see more and more photographers starting with a full queue of photos with the same flaws.
    This is often resulting in rejection of all queued photos, which is as disappointing for photographers as it is for us, screeners.

    In addition, we believe that this measure will take some pressure off the queue, which is in the end, good for everybody.

    As always, we can recommend photographers to take the time to fully read our upload guidelines and most of all, to use our forum where we'll be glad to help you.

    Thank you for your understanding,

    Your JetPhotos screening team
    I only have 4 upload slots.




  17. #17
    Member ErezS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ra'anana, Israel
    Posts
    569

    Default

    How many rejections have you had over the past 14 days?
    you can chack it here:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/members/vi...p?userid=00000
    Enter your membership number at the end of the link instead of 00000.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    19

    Default

    If JP wishes for new member's to submit better photos, then the rejection reasons should be more specific. I got few rejections with the reason "Too much or too little contrast", "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing" or "Categories wrong or missing".
    A new member is confused by these rejections, specially when the fix is possible and simple.
    Please split those reasons so we don't have to guess what happened, and learn easily from our beginners mistakes.

  19. #19
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    If JP wishes for new member's to submit better photos, then the rejection reasons should be more specific. I got few rejections with the reason "Too much or too little contrast", "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing" or "Categories wrong or missing".
    A new member is confused by these rejections, specially when the fix is possible and simple.
    Please split those reasons so we don't have to guess what happened, and learn easily from our beginners mistakes.
    No! We simply cannot give a full explanation of what to do to correct a photo. Sometimes we add a remark, above all on rejections for info, category, contrast or over processing and a few others, but not always. The standard rejection reasons give you a hint, what to look for. And then you have the forum, where you can post your rejections if you need help.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    No! We simply cannot give a full explanation of what to do to correct a photo. Sometimes we add a remark, above all on rejections for info, category, contrast or over processing and a few others, but not always. The standard rejection reasons give you a hint, what to look for. And then you have the forum, where you can post your rejections if you need help.
    Seriously?
    That is your attitude?
    All I said was to split the dual-meaning rejection reasons into two different reasons, not a detailed guidance how to correct every single photo . I'm sure that simplifying the rejections will lower the number of bad re-submitting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •