Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive sharing of jetphotos links

Hi,

I know this topic is a little here and there, some would agree, others won't. I'm bringing this topic up because of wanting to know a few things.

First off, what actions are taken if someone were to report you for excessive sharing of links of their accepted photos on jetphotos? And what is the most effective way of getting a report through?

Second, it's been a common thing I realize some photographers continuously sharing every single acceptance they have on jetphotos on to their Facebook pages and other social media platforms, knowing their photos would already be featured on Flightradar24, in order to get more views. This is what I feel is very unfair to other photographers who upload and share minimal links of their accepted photos, mostly those that aren't featured on flightradar, or even those who just upload and don't even share the links.

Thank you in advance for the answers

JP don't do anything, so the only thing you could do is ban that person on the relevant forums or facebook groups.

Comment

Because we can't do anything except kindly ask photographer not to spread his pics all around. We are not able to be part of every site/group/fanpage to remove or ban people. Anyway, it's not about forbid anyone to share pictures, it's more of morality of photographer and his approach to other fellow spotters and hobby itself. We are against practices you described, but unfortunately there are no tools to prevent such actions.
      Hope this will get to people you described and make them THINK
      Cheers,
      Tom

Comment

I'm just curious about this as I don't really share anything other than the link to my profile on my Instagram aviation page, but if someone were to take a picture of the screen and post it let's say on IG or Facebook with a link to Jetphotos (main site not the actual picture) that is fine right? As I've been helping a few local spotters get their pics up to JP quality to get them approved and I've seen a couple do that.
        From what I understand from past reading on this topic is the problem of people sharing everywhere getting a lot of views for pictures that wouldn't usually warrant that many views, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
          From what I understand from past reading on this topic is the problem of people sharing everywhere getting a lot of views for pictures that wouldn't usually warrant that many views, is that right?
          exactly yes

Original poster is from Singapore where excessive posting/sharing is a big issue with at least 3 spotters now. For us we believe that it's a really poor attitude, we've been saying that for a long time, even directly to those guys... But some of their posts here in the forum only prove that all they are looking for are hits, hits, hits, hits, hits, hits... and the rest of the community is the least of their concern. Poor attitude but unfortunately there's little we can do.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
            exactly yes

Original poster is from Singapore where excessive posting/sharing is a big issue with at least 3 spotters now. For us we believe that it's a really poor attitude, we've been saying that for a long time, even directly to those guys... But some of their posts here in the forum only prove that all they are looking for are hits, hits, hits, hits, hits, hits... and the rest of the community is the least of their concern. Poor attitude but unfortunately there's little we can do.

Alex
            Oh I see, that's too bad! I see JetPhotos as a main database to share pictures from around the world, to help visualize the history of aircrafts, if anything and I really want hits it would be on the pictures I upload on Instagram, not on JetPhotos, then maybe they can come see my profile on JetPhotos and discover the website

Comment

Originally posted by DillonLFC7 View Post
              Hi,

I know this topic is a little here and there, some would agree, others won't. I'm bringing this topic up because of wanting to know a few things.

First off, what actions are taken if someone were to report you for excessive sharing of links of their accepted photos on jetphotos? And what is the most effective way of getting a report through?

Second, it's been a common thing I realize some photographers continuously sharing every single acceptance they have on jetphotos on to their Facebook pages and other social media platforms, knowing their photos would already be featured on Flightradar24, in order to get more views. This is what I feel is very unfair to other photographers who upload and share minimal links of their accepted photos, mostly those that aren't featured on flightradar, or even those who just upload and don't even share the links.

Thank you in advance for the answers
              What strikes me a bit Dillon is that on https://www.facebook.com/RadarPhotographySG/ you share quite a bit of your shots to.....
              Last edited by ErwinS; 2017-08-24, 08:18.
              “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

So these people make a photo, edit it, upload it on JP and wait 2 weeks until it is screened and then share it on their FB, Insta or whatever account. Why donīt they publish it on Social Media coincident with the JP upload?
                Simple answer is views, views, views. Poor guys!!!

Comment

Some times with interesting comments:

some try the needy route: "please click on the link below"
                  some try the awesomeness route: "click on the pic to see the photo in full quality"
                  some try the spectacular route: "click on the link to see the spectacular photo of ..."
                  some are really sad: "click on the link to see the nearly collision of 2 planes at.." and then you see two planes taxiing on the apron.
                  some just post a link without any comment...

Comment

I do admit that I've previously shared some links on my own. But I've personally rarely share a lot of the acceptance I have. And I only share those links I find newsworthy ones. When the first case of excessive sharing was brought up, I totally cut down on sharing. And lately if you noticed all the recent acceptance have not been shared at all, simply because I rarely even share the links on that page now. What more most of my photos don't get much views if you really go ahead and click on them sadly. Not everyone bothers with clicking on the shared links on that page anyways

Comment

Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
                      Oh I see, that's too bad! I see JetPhotos as a main database to share pictures from around the world, to help visualize the history of aircrafts, if anything and I really want hits it would be on the pictures I upload on Instagram, not on JetPhotos, then maybe they can come see my profile on JetPhotos and discover the website
                      ........ and that my friend is how it should be.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        ........ and that my friend is how it should be.
                        But nothing is ever perfect, right?
                        I really want to share my photos from Tahiti in the late 80s to late 90s but the quality just isn't there, poor quality film (all I could afford at the time) didn't fair super good, and then when you send the negatives to a "professional" outfit to scan them and they scratch most of your negatives ........
                        To me, on jetphotos, the satisfaction is getting the picture accepted into the database, not the number of views on the picture!

Comment

Working...
                        X