How to improv fsx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Blah blah blah MSFS blah blah X-plane blah blah blah.
    The insight and background are appreciated and went the blah blah route just to summarize it all.

So, in other words- what you really have is:

Flight Simulator (MSFS and typical model logic) (for folks who want to pretend to FLY airplanes)

And Airplane Designer Simulator (X-plane) (for folks who want to pretend to DESIGN airplanes)

While the above may be something of a primary function:

MSFS gives you the option of designing a LOOK for an airplane, and then you can pretend to fly it using data from somewhere else.

X-plane gives you the option of pretending to fly a real airplane since you can plug in data for a real airplane.

(May not be being fair to X-plane, regarding the intent of X-plane...just rephrasing for grins).
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      [...]

Flight Simulator (MSFS and typical model logic) (for folks who want to pretend to FLY airplanes)
      [...]
      MSFS gives you the option of designing a LOOK for an airplane, and then you can pretend to fly it using data from somewhere else.
      X-plane gives you the option of pretending to fly a real airplane since you can plug in data for a real airplane.
      [...]
      Hello my friend again.

Here we are in the "How to improve fsx" topic. So. I try to write an answer without the favorite words of our dear friend Gabriel:
      blah blah blah.

LOL. I just wonder who is the oldest dude of the three of us...?! That can't be Gabriel! Although we both quote his words: blah blah blah.

Back on topic. As I assume, I am the only jetphotos senior of the three of us who still uses Randazzos B744 fsx simulator (LH-B744 in my case). So, I don't have to do what you write,
      pretending to fly a real airplane since you can plug in data for a real airplane.
      Randazzo has done that for me. And, I don't know if I am the only one with that opinion,

Randazzos B744 simulator still is THE BEST 747 simulator which is available for fsx! He already has published his B744 fsx v2, but I still talk about the v1, old school, delivered on DVDs...

Another question concerning "how to improve fsx": I have never used a weather engine for fsx, which would be as intelligent as Randazzos B744 fsx v1.

But I have perceived that the two things which I used until today do not suffice:
      1. fsx default real weather
      and
      2. the two or three fix weather scenarios which have been included in the Orbx Hobart fsx freeware... (now you can call me a senior or old school, but I still use the Hobart freeware!)

FSG Real Weather is worth a look, afaik. But it needs another 400 Megabyte of your RAM, if you own that much after you took off on board
      Randazzos LH-B744 fsx simulator...
      You miss Nimbostratus in your simulator? Yes. I'd be curious how a Nimbostratus (rain cloud) looks like from above...

So, would FSG Real Weather be a good buy? I know that FSGRW even works with the fsx default clouds.

PS: Probably I should have opened a new topic: FSX weather 2018. Which I'll do, if "my two seniors" don't have a spontaneous answer...

And here's the man who gave me the idea to improve the rather odd fsx default real weather, another (semi-)pro, who still isn't yet a jetphotos member (?!):
      Simflight dot de says something about FSGRW (German)
      I can translate his very first sentence in that review: "You don't have to be a meteorologist to know that fsx default real weather is not worth a penny."
      Merry Christmas and a happy new year also for you, simflight reviewer H.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-12-29, 02:57. Reason: + ref
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
        ***I am the only jetphotos senior of the three of us who still uses Randazzos B744 fsx simulator***
        I am infatuated with DC-9 series aircraft and the 727...some crazy deep sexual fantasy, and cue inappropriate jokes about MD-80 series aircraft.

I have had some fun razzing Boeing Bobby- he once boldly proclaimed how critical it was to have your 747 under control 30 miles out.

Although MSFS is not 100% realistic, there is still some scary semi-true arithmetic in it...and shockingly, I found that it was critical to have VIRTUAL 747's under control 30 miles out and to keep on top of the airplane during the approach...it is big and heavy and a bit slow to change direction...

Definitely fun to exercise the skill of staying ahead of the plane, but conversely, it can also be boring to be flying a big fat wet sponge...Kind of nice to have a little responsiveness on a true DC-9-30 or B-717...and then the MD-80 and 727 also have at least SOME crispness.

By the way- my birthdate was 1960. There is a small sub-group called "the tweeners"...born a tiny bit too late to be baby boomers and hippies, but born a little bit too soon to be Gen-X ers...In some ways, we have baby boomer values, but also see some of the positive truths of the hippy generation- question authority, make love not war, don't discriminate against other races...

Tweeners also have fuzzy memories of Lockheed Constellations, DC-7s, DC-8s and even a few DC-3's
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          I am infatuated with DC-9 series aircraft and the 727...some crazy deep sexual fantasy, and cue inappropriate jokes about MD-80 series aircraft.

I have had some fun razzing Boeing Bobby- he once boldly proclaimed how critical it was to have your 747 under control 30 miles out.

Although MSFS is not 100% realistic, there is still some scary semi-true arithmetic in it...and shockingly, I found that it was critical to have VIRTUAL 747's under control 30 miles out and to keep on top of the airplane during the approach...it is big and heavy and a bit slow to change direction...

Definitely fun to exercise the skill of staying ahead of the plane, but conversely, it can also be boring to be flying a big fat wet sponge...Kind of nice to have a little responsiveness on a true DC-9-30 or B-717...and then the MD-80 and 727 also have at least SOME crispness.

[...] There is a small sub-group called "the tweeners"...born a tiny bit too late to be baby boomers and hippies, but born a little bit too soon to be Gen-X ers...In some ways, we have baby boomer values, but also see some of the positive truths of the hippy generation- question authority, make love not war, don't discriminate against other races...

Tweeners also have fuzzy memories of Lockheed Constellations, DC-7s, DC-8s and even a few DC-3's
          Oh man. DC-8? That really goes deep. Now, I really regret that I don't know all your jetphotos forum entries in the year 2018. But I can also say why until today I have not tried to use something like "wake me up when 3WE writes something". 4349 entries until today? That's almost exactly four times the amount of entries which I have. So I fear that, if I tried to follow you, four times a day the bell rings. And I'm definitely not able to respond that often.

Back on topic, the DC-8? So it seems to be true, very often we choose a/c who are as old as we are. I also asked seahawk this question. As me, he chose the easy answer, via his avatar: Phantom F-4. For me, theoretically it is not quite true, I should have chosen the LH-B747-200 (1978_). But I chose an avatar which is in the air since I am a jetphotos member, not the worst choice imho.

Btw, Did we say something about the real weather which is delivered in fsx? That really has nothing (!) to do with reality. For me it was interesting... Yesterday, I used Randazzo's KL-B744 simulator between Schiphol and Marignane. Yes, I know that I should have used an Air France livery. But in a simulator, you don't always have the jet which they indeed fly, not to speak about type ratings. If in a simulator, there is also something like a type rating, today I only own two semi pro type ratings, which I regularly fly:
          1. Randazzo's 747-400 "QOTS I" fsx simulator, and until today I use it for KL flights and LH flights. NW flights only upon request. And for AF flights, I still don't own the last AF-B744 livery which they used until they left the B744 club...
          2. Beech Baron 58. That's a cute little propeller which has a quite good range. And she's faster than an Antonov AN-2P..

So, yesterday they gave me something like +5°C for my arrival at Marignane, and I had to smile, because I know, that you don't have to freeze in Southern France, in June..!

Greetings, my friend.

Comment

Semi true arithmetic.. That's a word which definitely belongs to the same category as "knowledgeable".

I call it semi pro, but probably both of us mean the same thing. Don't know which msfs 747 you used (cp my #19 here), but yes, if you use fsx with "semi pro settings", then it's more than a game. More than a msfs beginner is able to take. "Air brakes? - Deployed. Flaps? - 25. More if we need it. Auto Brakes? - 2. Ok. Gear down. ..."

Comment

Working...
            X