Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When flying on Delta next year, you might notice a strange moldy odor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When flying on Delta next year, you might notice a strange moldy odor...

Salvage value anyone...
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Salvage value anyone...
    In other news...planes are flying out of both Houston airports (trashed schedule and all) and I believe the picture is a photoshop fake.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      In other news...planes are flying out of both Houston airports (trashed schedule and all) and I believe the picture is a photoshop fake.
      Probably, yes. D'mn, I would've never expected that a jetphotos Senior member opens such a topic. And I am proud that you were not the one...

I just thought, why shouldn't I here open a topic like "Florida - Airports which are open today (again)" . That also would have contained the sentence "Why so many people in Florida in September 2017 tried to reach the Northern State border, e.g. St Marys in Georgia."

And after that sentence I would have written, "Georgia can't be that bad." After all, Georgia and its most prominent airline is directly connected with my home airport.

Thus, I have one question. Is Delta really that bad?
      [Evan has already uttered his opinion.]

So, what do you think, my friend?
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Btw, Orlando FL seems to be open again, not only for Delta.

But also for a rather unimportant a/c type...

LH 464 on Friday takes off in Germany as scheduled, as well as DL 091. B764ER? That must be new. I always had them in mind with B763ER...
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-15, 03:33. Reason: a/c type change
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but yes, stormy weather can have a bad effect on Delta at Atlanta. I lived one. Five runways and a beautiful ballet of planes and gates can do great things, but there isn't much slack. Send a squall line or two and the gates clog up and the crew for this plane is stuck on that plane, and the fuel people and food people and cleaning people can't keep and you have a stinking mess.

Harvey put the hurt on Houstons flight schedules, and I'm sure the next storm made a tough day for Delta at Atlanta- AND maybe more so for AA at Miami- ALTHOUGH- it's a contrast of large, preemptive cancellations versus a cascade of delays when thunderstorms are around.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            I'm not 100% sure what you are asking
            Update: Houston's airports are now under at least a hundred feet of water. Most flights have been cancelled, except for those operated by the Boeing 747 which is capable of operating underwater. Major airlines are now reconsidering phasing out the 747, as it truly is the aircraft of the future. An amazing aircraft, that 747.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X