Massive Queue Reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive Queue Reduction

Would just like to say thank you to my fellow crew members who conducted a massive queue screening session over the weekend.

The queue shrank from about 16000 photos to just hovering on average at 12500 now. Waiting time in queue went down from 12+ days to just over 9 days.

We hope to get it even lower for you guys.

Many thanks to crew for reducing queue so rapidly Appreciate this session, I know it took time and effort. Let's hope queue will not grow fast after reducing

Comment

Well done guys and gals!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Great job guys!

Comment

Thank you very much screeners!
            Thums Up!!!
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

Comment

Thanks guys, however, with big everyone putting in big screening sessions it can come with its consequences haha. Just look at the spike in uploads the days before vs the days during fast screening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1016868

Enjoy guys!

Comment

Yeah,
                So sad to see that when we put such a huge effort during 3 days, then the result is that many people will fill the queue more instead of trying to refrain a tad to let the queue stabilise a bit....

Comment

I think many people have a very long personal "queue" waiting for a slot.
                  During the summer i took over 1000 usable photos from wich i have to pick every time i have a free slot. So of course i use every possibility immediatly and many more photographers do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyCrow View Post
                    I think many people have a very long personal "queue" waiting for a slot.
                    During the summer i took over 1000 usable photos from wich i have to pick every time i have a free slot. So of course i use every possibility immediatly and many more photographers do the same.
                    That's me too! I have to carefully choose what is my next upload

Comment

Once again thank you to the crew for such a great job! I think I uploaded 15 pics right as the speed increased as they were around 15,000 if I remember right and now 4 days later already in the 6000!!!

Comment

Hey!

Thanks a lot for smashing down the queue again...but i think we were on 15-16k again this week. (It´s normal that you can not keep up this pace due to private needs!)
                        So i have a idea, probably for that i will earn some shitstorm:

What is when you close the upload page after 1250 probably 1500 (at weekends) uploads per day? If you can see from 30.Sep until 03.Oct there were 1,6k uploads per day - So you can save up to 300 photos a day.
                        That means that our screeners have more time for private things (away form jp.net) and our pictures get screened faster due to fewer pictures in the queue.

I hope that this idea will find some positive reactions.
                        Thank you and have a nice day!
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

Thanks lot for your positive message !

Yeah we had some screeners doing big numbers today, thanks to them. And most of all a big thank you to Sandra for doing big numbers along with quality screening !

cheers
                          Alex

Comment

Is it possible you raised the claim for sharpness?
                            I had never issues with that and now 7 rejects for "soft" for pictures of the same quality i have already accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyCrow View Post
                              Is it possible you raised the claim for sharpness?
                              I had never issues with that and now 7 rejects for "soft" for pictures of the same quality i have already accepted.
                              Nope, we didn't change anything regarding sharpness. If you want, post an example here.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                              X