Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backlit rejection?

Hi everyone
    I got a rejection for backlit and too little contrast. For the contrast thing I get it but not for the backlit. Because I took that photo on a foggy and overcast day. could anyone help? Thank you. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6066020

Hi Jason, just coming from my opinion. The aircraft is in clear shadow. Not much light on it. I would personally keep photos on a cloudy day for personal use. I love the photos but on cloudy days, if you can maybe also get a bit more of a side on shot. I do stand for correction from screeners and other photographers here but I would keep that for personal use. I hope you have a great day ahead, Regards Matthew.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonc7879 View Post
      Hi everyone
      I got a rejection for backlit and too little contrast. For the contrast thing I get it but not for the backlit. Because I took that photo on a foggy and overcast day. could anyone help? Thank you. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6066020
      Backlit applies when the background is significantly brighter than the foreground/subject (as it is with your photo), even if the sun is technically behind you.

Comment

Look at the luminosity histogram. There are flat lines at both ends showing the missing dark and light tones, especially the dark tones. This is the result of adjusting the graph only....Your image first Click image for larger version

Name:	53639_1503937051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	441.5 KB
ID:	1016879

....and then mine after adjustment... Click image for larger version

Name:	histoChange.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	580.6 KB
ID:	1016880

It's still not perfect but it does illustrate how important a correctly adjusted histogram is.
        Last edited by brianw999; 2017-09-12, 10:09.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

That looks a lot better!

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Backlit applies when the background is significantly brighter than the foreground/subject (as it is with your photo), even if the sun is technically behind you.
            That's clear. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X