Rejected: subject too far/too much dead space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected: subject too far/too much dead space

Can someone define for me what is too far? Should I be able to touch the plane? I can handle cropping. I've never been able to get an acceptable photo, and i've seen many pics with "distance"

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by flgal View Post
    Can someone define for me what is too far? Should I be able to touch the plane? I can handle cropping. I've never been able to get an acceptable photo, and i've seen many pics with "distance"

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6075085

A Lot more zoom is needed because cropping too much will cause the photo to become grainy. best to look at other shots to get a perspective on the type of zooming would be best.

Comment

Originally posted by flgal View Post

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6075085
      Hey!

There is too much dead space in the photo (left and right) just cut like this example I did to you and everything will be alright. Tell me if it helps. You can use crop 16:9 to get the right sizes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	79424_1504420365.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	1016869

Comment

all my photos have been also rejected as "to far" and "not center" (among quality) but when looking to the pictures at jetphotos there are many photos similar or even "worse" (no finger pointing!) to my photos. So it is not really replicable when it is to far or not in center. But will try to crop and resize until it fits...
        visit me at

Comment

Originally posted by LeonThePlane View Post
          all my photos have been also rejected as "to far" and "not center" (among quality) but when looking to the pictures at jetphotos there are many photos similar or even "worse" (no finger pointing!) to my photos. So it is not really replicable when it is to far or not in center. But will try to crop and resize until it fits...
          Hi Leon, can you provide some examples? Also, what kit are you using? Before even uploading anything to the queue, I would seek advice from the Digital Photo Processing section of the forum. This way, you will receive answers a lot quicker rather than waiting for your photo to be screened. I see you currently have 5 rejections all of which unfortunately are not quite 'similar or close' to anything in the database I'm sorry. The forum is here for help so please do ask questions Cheers

Comment

Had a short glimpse at your Instagram-Photos and canīt imagine there are pictures on JP which are "similar or even worser" than yours. Maybe some from 2005 or before.

Originally posted by Tim Bowrey View Post
            Hi Leon, can you provide some examples? Also, what kit are you using? Before even uploading anything to the queue, I would seek advice from the Digital Photo Processing section of the forum. This way, you will receive answers a lot quicker rather than waiting for your photo to be screened. I see you currently have 5 rejections all of which unfortunately are not quite 'similar or close' to anything in the database I'm sorry. The forum is here for help so please do ask questions Cheers
            Just click on his instagram profile and you will know why they were rejected.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

I find it hard to believe you can find a photo from any time in the past 10 years with similar or 'worse' framing than any of your rejected images. This one for example has a much wider crop than anything that could be considered acceptable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	43170_1504129845.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	460.2 KB
ID:	1016920

Please feel free to contact me privately if you think you can find such images, but don't want to point fingers. I'll be waiting to see what you can find. Otherwise, please take Tim's advice and seek help in the forums before uploading, or at least compare your images a little more carefully to ones already accepted in the DB.

Comment

Working...
              X