Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday fun: your favourite photos that never got much traction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday fun: your favourite photos that never got much traction!

We all have them ... great photos, they made it into the database (either first time or with a little correction here and there) and there they are, lovely shots, but languishing ... taking ages to get to a hundred, 200 or more ... just limping along. Sometimes it's hard to know why one photo gets seen a lot, yet others just stay in the doldrums. Here's a chance to shine some light on them!

So, what are yours?

Here's mine: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8509916

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
    We all have them ... great photos, they made it into the database (either first time or with a little correction here and there) and there they are, lovely shots, but languishing ... taking ages to get to a hundred, 200 or more ... just limping along. Sometimes it's hard to know why one photo gets seen a lot, yet others just stay in the doldrums. Here's a chance to shine some light on them!

So, what are yours?

Here's mine: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8509916
    Ok, I'll bite: why is this your favourite?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Ok, I'll bite: why is this your favourite?
      I just like the angle and the sharpness (e.g. the landing gear - and in line, too); it just shows how much better AA's new livery is, compared to the last one. I just think it's a really nice shot.

Comment

Great idea! And nice work with the AA.

Personally I was really happy with how this one came out; the morning light, the smooth trademark A330 touchdown - not to mention one of my favourite airliners: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8533178 Quite frustrating because on this particular spotting trip a plain old Ryanair somehow managed to get 9000 views

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin View Post
          Great idea! And nice work with the AA.

Personally I was really happy with how this one came out; the morning light, the smooth trademark A330 touchdown - not to mention one of my favourite airliners: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8533178 Quite frustrating because on this particular spotting trip a plain old Ryanair somehow managed to get 9000 views
          Thanks; that's a lovely shot - and at my home airport! Always love the A330's angle on landing, and you got perfect light on the wheel spin!

Comment

Have you checked to see if the Ryanair is showing on FR24 as thats likely the reason it has so many hits if its as plain as you say

Comment

Beautiful shots guys!

Mine is this one recently accepted, three DC-9s in one shot under the sunset, their combined age: 150 years!
              (1600px) 3 DC-9s under in the Indiana Dusk (the other 2 by the left MLG), providing aid to hurricane hit Texas. Their ages combined of 150 years. This one served since 1968, been with Martinair Holland, Hawaiian, Itavia, American International Airways, Airborne Express, ABX Air and now with Kalitta.. N916CK. McDonnell Douglas DC-9-33(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                Have you checked to see if the Ryanair is showing on FR24 as thats likely the reason it has so many hits if its as plain as you say
                It's only intended as a bit of fun; it is interesting, though, that some photos don't get the traction others to, even from the same location. I knew FR24 is one of the reasons, but I'm sure there are others.

Lovely photo of that DC9 (and the others), Hongnmg! Brilliant lighting too!

Comment

Thanks; that's a lovely shot - and at my home airport! Always love the A330's angle on landing, and you got perfect light on the wheel spin!
                  Cheers, I do enjoy DUB for spotting - will be good to see the CX A350 when it starts.

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                  This was my first thought too. But no - to my knowledge it was never shown on flightradar24. However, it continues to get lots of hits daily and is now one of my most viewed!

Originally posted by hongmng View Post
                  Mine is this one recently accepted, three DC-9s in one shot under the sunset, their combined age: 150 years!
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8697417
                  Very nice shot. Interesting history too serving a variety of different airlines

Comment

Nice views fishing . Keep up the good work...
                    Planespotting is an IDEA, is a way of living, NOT about views or FR24 or anything.

Am I too romantic (or fanatic) ?
                    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Originally posted by flying Doc View Post
                      Planespotting is an IDEA, is a way of living, NOT about views or FR24 or anything.

I think the word you're looking for is miserable

Comment

Originally posted by flying Doc View Post

There are no rules and nobody made you the policeman! Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                        X