What to do after using DSLR after spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do after using DSLR after spotting

After spotting of course we will store our camera but do we need to remove the lens ?

Personally ''no''

Comment

not a chance just leave it on. i found that removing the lens gives room for dust spots which end up being a pain.

Comment

I leave the lens on. Everytime you take a lens on and off there's a chance for dust and dirt to get inside the body and onto the sensor.

Comment

I only change lens when I need this. For example I am more landscape photographer and put the telephoto lens when going to the airport for spotting. Then I change this lens only when I shoot landscapes.

Comment

Originally posted by boiko90 View Post
            I only change lens when I need this. For example I am more landscape photographer and put the telephoto lens when going to the airport for spotting. Then I change this lens only when I shoot landscapes.
            That!
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I'm a very lucky guy in that I have 2x Nikon D7000 bodies that my wife bought me and a D7100 that I recently treated myself to. There's a 28-300 on the D7100 and a 70-300 and 18-135 on the D7000's. I have a 120-400 but rarely use it so I rarely have to change a lens. However, whenever I do take a lens off I swab the sensor clean using swabs and Eclipse fluid. As a result I rarely get any significant dust spots but I do still get the occasional spot. If you need to take a lens off get out of the wind. Go inside a building or car to make the change. Keep the front of the camera facing down so that any airborne dust cannot settle into it.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                I'm a very lucky guy in that I have 2x Nikon D7000 bodies that my wife bought me and a D7100 that I recently treated myself to. There's a 28-300 on the D7100 and a 70-300 and 18-135 on the D7000's. I have a 120-400 but rarely use it so I rarely have to change a lens. However, whenever I do take a lens off I swab the sensor clean using swabs and Eclipse fluid. As a result I rarely get any significant dust spots but I do still get the occasional spot. If you need to take a lens off get out of the wind. Go inside a building or car to make the change. Keep the front of the camera facing down so that any airborne dust cannot settle into it.
                It's not a D7000, it's just the D7... or does that not kick in until the number 8
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  It's not a D7000, it's just the D7... or does that not kick in until the number 8
                  I nearly answered that....
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                  X