I don't get it (rejected)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it (rejected)

i uploaded a month ago the same picture, than it rejected because of dead space. I fixed that and I decided to upload it again. but now it is rejected because of wrong/missing categories and bad postprocessing? why is there a different reason of rejecting?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

thanks.

Hey

Because of Missing Category: You should tick "special livery" to fix that.
    Because of Bad Postprocessing: Mostly you receive this when you use shadows/highlight or clarity. Then appears so called halos (bright or dark shadows around the plane) which lead to a rejection.

Hope this will help.
    Have a nice day!
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

Comment

Hello,

I had that one rejected and I don't understand really why: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6117375
      Dark / Underexposed => Histogram seems balanced to me
      Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) => I didn't touch the saturation, maybe I don't entirely get the meaning of "Hue"?
      Too much or too little contrast => It seems standard to me, compared to my other pictures

Can someone help me to understand so I can improve ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
        Hey

Because of Missing Category: You should tick "special livery" to fix that.
        Because of Bad Postprocessing: Mostly you receive this when you use shadows/highlight or clarity. Then appears so called halos (bright or dark shadows around the plane) which lead to a rejection.

Hope this will help.
        Have a nice day!
        aah okey! thanks I will work on it!

Comment

Hey

when you click on "histogram" you can see a gap on the right side which leads to your "darkness" rejection (bright tones/highlights are too dark). In combination with the gap on the left side of the histogram, it leads to the "too little contrast" rejection (dark tones/shadows are to bright).
          But i can΄t say you what is wrong with the Bad Color - in my opinion this will be fixed after correct exposure (better colours). Probably wait for a screener.

Here is your picture with, in my eyes, correct exposure on the left - the right side is what you have.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	38432_1506611480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	394.2 KB
ID:	1017376
          I hope this will help, have a nice day!
          Julian S.​

Comment

Thank you Julian! It's a good start indeed. Have a nice day too!

Comment

Hey

when you click on "histogram" you can see a gap on the right side which leads to your "darkness" rejection (bright tones/highlights are too dark). In combination with the gap on the left side of the histogram, it leads to the "too little contrast" rejection (dark tones/shadows are to bright).
              But i can΄t say you what is wrong with the Bad Color - in my opinion this will be fixed after correct exposure (better colours). Probably wait for a screener.

Here is your picture with, in my eyes, correct exposure on the left - the right side is what you have.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9440[/ATTACH]
              hi,
              can you please tell me how you changed that color so good? I have sometimes problems with that..

thanks!!

Comment

Hey

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9440[/ATTACH]
                hi,
                can you please tell me how you changed that color so good? I have sometimes problems with that..

thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jorisdejong View Post
                  hi,

thanks!!
                  Sure,

you only have to adjust the dark and bright tones in the luminosity histogram so that there were no gaps on both sides. That is all what i done to my pictures (besides sharpening, cropping/levelling, removing dust spots).

Here is a small example:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2889.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1017377
                  darkened the dark tones and brightened the bright tones in the middle of the picture for better contrast and colours.

Hope this will help.
                  Julian S.​

Comment

Sure,

you only have to adjust the dark and bright tones in the luminosity histogram so that there were no gaps on both sides. That is all what i done to my pictures (besides sharpening, cropping/levelling, removing dust spots).

Here is a small example:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9441[/ATTACH]
                    darkened the dark tones and brightened the bright tones in the middle of the picture for better contrast and colours.

Hope this will help.
                    aha okey!
                    and are you doing this with Lightroom or photoshop or something else?

Comment

I use both...Lightroom 6 and Photoshop 15.
                      But you can use freeware tools Gimp or paint.net too.
                      Julian S.​

Comment

I use both...Lightroom 6 and Photoshop 15.
                        But you can use freeware tools Gimp or paint.net too.
                        i have Lightroom, so I am going to work with that!
                        thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                        X