Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monarch airline stopped working immediately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarch airline stopped working immediately.

We're sorry to announce that Monarch has suspended flights and holidays.
    Please check
    http://po.st/CAA for further information.
    https://twitter.com/Monarch

Click image for larger version

Name:	DLGhfg-W0AAJrEZ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1044996

https://monarch.caa.co.uk/customers/...travelled-yet/

Hm. Astonishing how some airlines arouse the interest of even brandnew jetphotos members, and how other airlines don't. And even more interesting is, where do the threadstarters come from. I see you, you don't really live in Luton. We can try to find reasons.

"Will Oneworld fill the Air Berlin gap" is a real long haul topic, and transatlantic. Afaik, my sweet little home airport had been connected nonstop to
    1) the SF Bay Intercontinental airport
    2) Las Vegas
    3) JFK
    4) ...

by Air Berlin. Thus, it is not only a German topic. What I miss in the Air Berlin de wiki is, in contrast to the Monarch de wiki, how many people were paid by Air Berlin until today.
    Monarch: 1858 people.
    Air Berlin: no exact numbers for 2017, but I have found...

8481 Air Berliners, for the year 2016. This is a difference, 1858 vs 8481.

But I knew Monarch. Back in the days when I had to choose my favorite aircraft of all times, Monarch had been a topic, also in flight simulation.
    Level D B763ER, or 757, or something completely different.

I discuss aviation since a very long time, not only online and not only since I am a jetphotos member. Back in those days, men said... there are so many B763ER pilots. And then they mentioned the name Randazzo.
    Et voila, the rest is history.

So, Monarch had the same problem as Air Berlin (?): nobody was willing to pay "good ticket prices", i.e. ticket prices that enable Monarch to pay all their pilots, aboard crews, et cetera?
    Another sad story. And Monarch was older than AB: 1967-2017. RIP.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Monarch's collapse was a result of 1) eliminating more profitable long-haul routes a few years ago, 2) not moving with the times in adapting to the change in the way holidays and vacations are now structured (ie. fewer package holidays/ITs), and 3) inability to compete with the easyJet/Ryanair business model.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744
        Oh, you dare to mention the Greek again (Stelios), during I am online? .
        First, 'Stelios' is not a Greek but a British Cypriot. Second, he has nothing to do with easyJet operations and mangement today since a disagreement with the Board 10 years ago (though he remains the largest shareholder).

Comment

Working...
        X