Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference for leveling ?

Hi,

I got confused by a rejection : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6120488

Screener comment: "needs counterclockwise rotation", which I apealed because the yellow house in the background would not look right.
    Admin reply: "verticals leaning to left by 0.3"

So if a screener thinks it leans to the left and another to the right (if ccw rotation needed), does not that mean the picture is leveled ?

More seriously, as I often use this angle and got few rejection for "horizon unlevel" lately, what should I use as a reference to level my pictures ? I often use the runway because the verticals are not always "vertical", especially the red and white posts.

Thanks for any reply.

Looking at it, it needs clock-wise rotation.

Comment

The post in this picture looks not like a wooden pole someone put in the ground for some reasons.
      I think it is vertical, also the fence-posts in the foreground.

I did the mistake with the runway myself, since i use always verticals, i have no problems with horizon. If you are at a big, modern airport, fences and lightposts are usually perfect vertical.

Comment

Originally posted by bopeur View Post
        Hi,
        More seriously, as I often use this angle and got few rejection for "horizon unlevel" lately, what should I use as a reference to level my pictures ? I often use the runway because the verticals are not always "vertical", especially the red and white posts.
        The best reference are any strong verticals in the background towards the center, then towards the edges. Verticals in the center foreground would be next, follow again by verticals towards the edges. Horizontal references such as runways/taxiways are usually the least reliable. Screeners will typically look at those background verticals first, so that would be a good bet for you as well.

Your image above definitely needs clockwise rotation, as indeed most verticals are leaning left. The original screener likely meant to say that; I have a drop-down menu for comments when screening, and 'needs clockwise rotation' is next to 'needs counterclockwise rotation' so it is possible to select the wrong one by mistake.

Comment

Clockwise rotation required.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            The best reference are any strong verticals in the background towards the center, then towards the edges. Verticals in the center foreground would be next, follow again by verticals towards the edges. Horizontal references such as runways/taxiways are usually the least reliable. Screeners will typically look at those background verticals first, so that would be a good bet for you as well.
            Thanks for this clear answer ! Exactly what I needed to avoid this mistake again ! True that sometimes verticals in the edges can be tricky...

Comment

Working...
            X