Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people still used bridge cameras for photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people still used bridge cameras for photos?

Hi my name is Lee (near Heathrow)
    i am new to the website and have some basic gear related questions, bridge cameras or dslr with zoom lens?
    any tips or help is appreciated
    thanks for having me
    lee

Originally posted by Leew View Post
    Hi my name is Lee (near Heathrow)
    i am new to the website and have some basic gear related questions, bridge cameras or dslr with zoom lens?
    any tips or help is appreciated
    thanks for having me
    lee
    I would strongly recommend a DSLR and zoom lens. Bridge cameras are a versatile and affordable alternative to DSLRs, offering the same kind of manual controls plus a huge zoom lens that covers everything from wide-angle to super-telephoto photography.
    BUT....
    There are two important differences to be aware of, though. The first is that bridge cameras have much smaller sensors than DSLRs or mirrorless cameras, so they can't match them for picture quality.
    The second is that the lens is non-removable, so although it can handle a wide range of subjects, you can't swap to a macro lens for close-ups, for example, or a super-wide-angle lens, or a fast prime lens for low-light photography.

At Heathrow I use a Nikon D7000 16mpx camera with a 70-300mm lens and I also have an 18-300mm but that one is rather expensive. It all depends on your budget. There are some very good enthusiast cameras around at a reasonable price. The Nikon D3400 is a good example at around £400. It has the latest 24mp sensor and....well, I suggest you read the review here... https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d3400-review
    Canon doa good range as well. At the cheaper end there's the 1200D at around £300. Canon seems to sell every camera with a standard 18-55 kit lens but you may be able to do "Do a Deal" with the shop to swap to a 70-200 or 70-300. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-1300D...keywords=1200d
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks Brian for your reply, perhaps I made need to update then.
      I live fairly close to Heathrow and the planes are normally 10-12000 feet directly above me, I have tried my friends 70-300 and it does not get close enough for me ! That's why I mentioned a bridge like the Nikon b700, I will still invest in a body and lens for all other shots as well . What's your thoughts?
      Regards
      Lee

Comment

10 - 12,000 feet is a bit of an ask. You are shooting at a range of 2.25 miles. Heat haze, blur, softness and poor light are going to be against you and you will need a lens of around 800mm. Long distance shots like this are a bit of a speciality subject. I would suggest sticking to approach and takeoff shots at Heathrow to start with to hone your skills.
        Last edited by brianw999; 2017-10-12, 21:37.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Ok thanks for your advice
          Lee

Comment

Working...
          X