Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduce Halos

Hi all!

I've been taking a lot of photos recently and many have had halos around either the wing tips or landing gear but not around the entire plane. I'm not sure if I'm not using proper camera settings or if I'm not editing properly, could someone please help me? I'm not sure why these halos only appear around a certain part of the plane...

Thanks lads!

Originally posted by FederalAce View Post
    Hi all!

I've been taking a lot of photos recently and many have had halos around either the wing tips or landing gear but not around the entire plane. I'm not sure if I'm not using proper camera settings or if I'm not editing properly, could someone please help me? I'm not sure why these halos only appear around a certain part of the plane...

Thanks lads!
    Likely caused either by post-processing, or in-camera settings. If I recall, you use a Canon, so the D-lighting feature that often causes halos in Nikon cameras is not likely the culprit. Usually settings that lift shadows cause halos, such as the shadow/highlight or clarity tools. Try processing an image with all extra settings at zero, and see if there are any halos. If not, then you know your editing process is the cause.

For future reference, questions about digital photo editing should actually be posted in the Digital Photo Processing Forum.

Comment

Working...
    X