What's wrong here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong here?

I have submitted and altered this photo multiple times and screeners keep coming up with new reasons that it isn't good enough to post. What is actually wrong with this and what are JPG compression artifacts?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.56.49 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1044997Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0747.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1044998

Let's take them one by one.
    1) Bad compostion/ framing : The airplane is way too low in the frame
    2) Obstructing objects : The hangar cuts off the whole front part of the plane. It's not that you have croped it "in an artisting manner"
    3) Croping/size ratio : You have probably cropped it outside the permited ratio values (read the guidelines)
    4) JPG artefacts : When you saved it after editing, you probably saved it in a very low quality. Always save it to the highest possible value (120 with 5 prograssive scans.

PS the post has moved to Digital Photo Processing Forum by the admins.

I hope I have helped you

Sotiris
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew787 View Post
      I have submitted and altered this photo multiple times and screeners keep coming up with new reasons that it isn't good enough to post. What is actually wrong with this and what are JPG compression artifacts?
      Hi Andrew,

I agree with Flying Doc's comments. In addition to that:

* I think your picture is not level, it needs rotation to the right. I would suggest taking the vertical lines of the hangar door right to the a/c as reference, as you might have to deal with a little lens distortion.

* Apart from being framed too low, I would also suggest to reframe it a bit more to the left. The distance between the right winglet and the frame is much bigger than that on the left side.

* And finally, I also think screeners could reject this photo for being backlit.

Hope this helps.

Matthew Lima
      Last edited by MatthewLima; 2017-10-13, 18:21.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X