Rejection reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection reason

I get photos rejected quite a bit for the reason too little or too much contrast. But my problem with this is it leave me wondering, what is it? Too much or too little? Why cant they be separated into 2 different rejection reasons so we at least know how to fix our photos without guessing.

Hi,
    first of all, you don't need to create new topic - please use this one:
    Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

second thing - linking rejected pictures would help a lot

Comment

Originally posted by nickflightx View Post
      I get photos rejected quite a bit for the reason too little or too much contrast. But my problem with this is it leave me wondering, what is it? Too much or too little? Why cant they be separated into 2 different rejection reasons so we at least know how to fix our photos without guessing.
      In my experience, 90% of contrast rejections are due to lack of contrast/flat light, so you can assume it's likely that. If unsure, you can easily check the histogram to see for certain.

As for separating it into two reasons, it is something being looked at, and after other more vital improvements are made, is something that may be implemented.

Comment

Instead of having separating them into two reasons, would it be easier to have a message from the screener. Saying with the rejected image saying whether it is over exposed or under exposed?.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentinel View Post
          Instead of having separating them into two reasons, would it be easier to have a message from the screener. Saying with the rejected image saying whether it is over exposed or under exposed?.
          We have two different reasons for over- and underexposure. These are easy to apply. Contrast however is not just corrected by adding or decreasing contrast in a photo editor. If you have a harsh contrast du to very high sun, you can do whatever you want, the photo will alays look crap. If you have a dull looking aircraft with one of those photo-unfriendly light grey overcast cloudy sky, you can do whatever you want, it will always look crap.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

One of the biggest skills to learn is when NOT to bother taking pics !
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
            X