No announcement yet.

Very good 737 upset recovery successfully performed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I just flew UT Air on a 735 TXL-VKO-TXL. Hahah. My flight went smooth, but not doing that again. Also the inflight service consists of giving you a small paper pepsi cup half full of water about an hour into the flight. That's it.

Lovely views of Moscow's fall colors though:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1250768.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	922.2 KB
ID:	1019566

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
      Oh yeah, because electronics (and electromechanical bits and hydraulic bits and mechanical bits, all of which usually are connected together to create an autoflight system) never fail. :roll
      Sure, they fail sometimes, but when they fail they don't stooge things up like this. They either hand things off to the other electronic box or they hand things over to the pilots, where all the stoogery happens.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        Komrade elawsky, Perhaps report Komrade Gabrielsky was referencing was using much more excellent unit of measure called meters, invented by great Russian scientists, and lovingly adopted by the collective people at the suggestion of central politbureau? 100 glorious meters is not too different from 1000 inferior American feet...and maybe Komrade Gabriel mis-speak and say feet...or not.

(By the way, I believe it is proper grammar to bold ISGPOTM. )
        I don't know the glorious Russian metroski, but 100 proper mètres du le Système International d'Unités are about 330 ft, not 1000.
        (And you are right, I meant 1000 ft and I fixed it)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Proper grammar would be to use the words that make up the acronym ISGPOTM/ISGPOTM.

Then everyone would know what you are talking about.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Proper grammar would be to use the words that make up the acronym ISGPOTM/ISGPOTM.

Nain, the right acronym would be U, for der Unglaublichesupergenedesmileniumspilot.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

Yeah...I hate acronyms...now, if I'd just practice what I preach...
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                Nain, the right acronym would be U, for der Unglaublichesupergenedesmileniumspilot.
                Un Piloto del genio super (I will defer on the time reference).
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

A UTAir Boeing 737-500, registration VQ-BPQ performing flight UT-716 from Riga (Latvia) to Moscow Vnukovo (Russia), had been enroute at FL360 and completed the flight with a safe landing at Moscow Vnukovo.

Passengers reported (on Oct 1st 2017) the aircraft was in cruise flight when the aircraft suddenly entered a dive, the passengers began to pray fearing for their lives. The crew managed to recover the aircraft and landed safely at Vnukovo. It subsequently turned out that there had been an electronic problem with the autopilot suddenly changing mode.

The airline (also on Oct 1st 2017) however denied any dive or deviation from the flight level (editorial note: supported by the data transmitted by the aircraft's transponder).

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                    It subsequently turned out that there had been an electronic problem with the autopilot suddenly changing mode.
                    Subsequently, it turns out that the crew didn't understand the behaviors and limitations of the autopilot, hence the word "suddenly". I'll bet...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                      Subsequently, it turns out that the crew didn't understand the fundamental and basic procedure to monitor and maintain appropriate attitudes and airspeeds during a sort of critical phase of flight...
                      Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Fixed.
                        Amended. And concur.

Comment

Update in avherald:

While intercepting the glideslope the crew selected the flaps to 30 degrees. The autopilot went offline, autothrottle remained connected and increased thrust to about 95%, which caused the aircraft to pitch up due the engines underneath the wings producing a pitch up moment. The crew attempted to counteract by pushing the yoke forward and attempted to reduce engine thrust, however, with autothrottle still engaged the engines still remained in high thrust causing the aircraft to pitch up to 45 degrees nose up, the speed decreased to below 100 knots
                          That explanation is so unsatisfactory...

Comment

Update in avherald:

J C !

Where was the pitch trim when the AP went off, I would love to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                              J C !

Where was the pitch trim when the AP went off, I would love to know.
                              Mega ass-hat parlour speculation (Italics especially)

It seemed they were nose high (maybe trying to slow up some) and maybe intentionally lowered the nose rapidly with very little trim adjustment then flaps go out with more nose up trim effect

[Break]

...Here you are with a plane configured to want to go mega nose up...

[End Break]

THEN when you add the underslung engines and the aerodynamics do their thing.

This feels extremely 3BS and defies logic...just grasping at straws to understand the logic defying 'pull up'.

Comment

Update in avherald:

Holy hell I will never fly UT Air again...

Comment

Working...
                                X