YanS - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone,

I'm having a little trouble getting the horizon correct on the pictures. I don't have really much experience with the horizon on photos without real vertical lines.

1. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00724v2.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	682.3 KB
ID:	1106437

2. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00742v2.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	611.5 KB
ID:	1106438

3. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00748v2.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	629.5 KB
ID:	1106439

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00806v2.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	711.5 KB
ID:	1106440

Of course any advice on other problems is welcome as well. D-MIEL is shown on FR24 and has a more or less significant livery-update but I don't know if it is enough to be considered as a hot photo. But on the other hand the normal queue is pretty quick at the moment as well and the picture was taken in May, so I'm not sure if a few days matter that much.

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    Yannick

Comment

• Originally posted by YanS View Post
      Hello everyone,

I'm having a little trouble getting the horizon correct on the pictures. I don't have really much experience with the horizon on photos without real vertical lines.

Of course any advice on other problems is welcome as well. D-MIEL is shown on FR24 and has a more or less significant livery-update but I don't know if it is enough to be considered as a hot photo. But on the other hand the normal queue is pretty quick at the moment as well and the picture was taken in May, so I'm not sure if a few days matter that much.
      Last one might need a touch of CW rotation, but otherwise don't see any major quality issues.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning this rejection ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8953255 ).
        I can understand why this was rejected for ’soft‘ however I‘m a little unsure about the exposure-problem. As I understand it the histogram shows that the picture is indeed very bright but does not have any clipped details. But ist could also be a misunderstanding on my side so any advice on this would be helpful for future submissions.

Thanks for your answers,
        All the best,
        Yannick

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning this rejection ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8953255 ).
          I can understand why this was rejected for ’soft‘ however I‘m a little unsure about the exposure-problem. As I understand it the histogram shows that the picture is indeed very bright but does not have any clipped details. But ist could also be a misunderstanding on my side so any advice on this would be helpful for future submissions.

Thanks for your answers,
          All the best,
          Yannick
          This more of an aesthetic rejection than technical. Just reduce the brightness a touch, and it should be ok.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I recently got the permission to upload pictures up to 1920px. Now I'm trying to gain some experience in editing larger photos and finding out if a certain picture has the quality for a certain size.

It would help me to now if any of the photos below has the quality to be accepted at the respective size.

Name:	DSC03653v2.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1115872

Name:	DSC03077v4.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1115873

Name:	DSC03134v3.JPG
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1115874

4. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03323v3.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	1115875

Thanks in advance,
            Best regards,
            Yannick

Comment

Hello everyone,

I recently got the permission to upload pictures up to 1920px. Now I'm trying to gain some experience in editing larger photos and finding out if a certain picture has the quality for a certain size.

It would help me to now if any of the photos below has the quality to be accepted at the respective size.
              These are all soft or very soft. None would be acceptable. Better to stick to 1280pix.

Comment

• Hello everyone again,

today this picture ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9142400 ) was rejected for having too much or too Little contrast, being overexposed and showing vignetting. To be honest I do not see any vignetting here. I would be really happy if someone could point out what that rejection reason refers to. Furthermore I‘m a little unsure about the contrast aspect. Is it too high or too low (could somehow be a little bit of both actually but I personally think it’s ok )... Concerning the exposure-issue I am pretty sure that it is not overexposed. Neither aesthetically (at least from my perspective ) nor technically (judging by the histogram).

I‘m happy about any advice.

Thanks for your time,
                Best regards,
                Yannick

Comment

Hello everyone again,

today this picture ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9142400 ) was rejected for having too much or too Little contrast, being overexposed and showing vignetting. To be honest I do not see any vignetting here. I would be really happy if someone could point out what that rejection reason refers to. Furthermore I‘m a little unsure about the contrast aspect. Is it too high or too low (could somehow be a little bit of both actually but I personally think it’s ok )... Concerning the exposure-issue I am pretty sure that it is not overexposed. Neither aesthetically (at least from my perspective ) nor technically (judging by the histogram).

I‘m happy about any advice.

Thanks for your time,
                  Best regards,
                  Yannick
                  Contrast is a bit harsh, but histogram looks acceptable for exposure. Vignetting probably because of that out-of-focus object/shadow in the bottom right. The former should be relatively easy to fix with a new edit.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

Thanks to dlowwa for your answer. I tried to improve the contrast but I'm not sure if it ist is better now, so some feedback would be great.

Name:	IMG_1819v2.jpg
Size:	706.7 KB
ID:	1116153

I also have some questions concerning these pictures below.

Name:	IMG_1730 2v2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	748.8 KB
ID:	1116154 I'm not sure about the horizon here. It seems to be leaning to the right a bit but the verticals look ok to me.

Name:	IMG_1817v2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	1116155 Pretty much the same thing as #2. Seems to be leaning to right a bit but giving it more ccw also looks a bit off...

4. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1767v3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	1116156 Not sure about sharpness on this one.

Of course I'm also happy to know if there are any other issues, so a general feddback is welcome as well.

Thanks in advance,
                    All the best,
                    Yannick

Comment

Thanks to dlowwa for your answer. I tried to improve the contrast but I'm not sure if it ist is better now, so some feedback would be great.
                      Don't see a huge difference, tbh.

Originally posted by YanS View Post
                      I also have some questions concerning these pictures below.

I'm not sure about the horizon here. It seems to be leaning to the right a bit but the verticals look ok to me.
                      I'd probably give it a tiny bit of CCW rotation.

Pretty much the same thing as #2. Seems to be leaning to right a bit but giving it more ccw also looks a bit off...
                      Can't really tell. Would be ok for me.

Not sure about sharpness on this one.
                      Maybe a bit soft towards the nose, but also would be ok for me.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

yesterday these two pictures were rejected for contrast issues and the second one also for heat distortion. ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10316758 ) ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10316726 ).

To be honest I personally don‘t think that the contrast is harsh enough to justify a rejection in both cases. Furthermore I can‘t see any form of heat distortion on the second picture.

But of course, before appealing I wanted to ask here in the forum as I might be wrong.

Thanks for your answers,
                        Best regards,
                        Yannick

Comment

Hello everyone,

yesterday these two pictures were rejected for contrast issues and the second one also for heat distortion. ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10316758 ) ( https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10316726 ).

To be honest I personally don‘t think that the contrast is harsh enough to justify a rejection in both cases. Furthermore I can‘t see any form of heat distortion on the second picture.

But of course, before appealing I wanted to ask here in the forum as I might be wrong.

Thanks for your answers,
                          Best regards,
                          Yannick
                          Borderline on the heat distortion for me, but contrast is a bit too strong for both.

Comment

Working...
                          X