wkd001- Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

Returned from holiday and found this reject. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7625013.
    As it is a panning attempt I know the sharpness isn't that great, but after studying it, I'm not really sure which way to go with it.
    Should I bring it back to 1200px or make a re-edit without the engine (which seems the softest part to me as I don't really agree with the reject)

As second I would like a prescreen from this photo

Biggest worries for me are glare/contrast/exposure and sharpness.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      Hello,

Returned from holiday and found this reject. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7625013.
      As it is a panning attempt I know the sharpness isn't that great, but after studying it, I'm not really sure which way to go with it.
      Should I bring it back to 1200px or make a re-edit without the engine (which seems the softest part to me as I don't really agree with the reject)
      Borderline acceptable for me. Slight sharpening or re-sizing should be enough.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
      As second I would like a prescreen from this photo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29400[/ATTACH] Biggest worries for me are glare/contrast/exposure and sharpness.
      Link is broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        Borderline acceptable for me. Slight sharpening or re-sizing should be enough.

Link is broken.
        OK thanks Dana,

Made a re-edit on the smallest size allowed here for the KLM T7 and brought it to the queue.

Here another attempt for the Air France 789. The worries as earlier mentioned still remain.
        So if you got some time to eyeball it ,it would be great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7937.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	1043467

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Here another attempt for the Air France 789. The worries as earlier mentioned still remain.
          So if you got some time to eyeball it ,it would be great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29467[/ATTACH]

Thanks in Advance.
          Noisy and borderline oversharpened/contrast.

Comment

Noisy and borderline oversharpened/contrast.
            Thanks Dana, I'll keep it personal.

I would like pre-screen/advice on this three photos

Name:	DSC_9011.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	843.2 KB
ID:	1043599 Main worries are contrast, sharpness, glare and horizon.

Name:	DSC_9021.JPG
Size:	530.2 KB
ID:	1043600 Main worries are contrast, exposure, color and backlit,

Name:	DSC_9032.JPG
Size:	546.6 KB
ID:	1043601 Main worries are exposure and backlit.

if there are other issues, I would like to know as well.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.

Comment

Main worries are contrast, sharpness, glare and horizon.
              Except for glare, I do see those as potential issues as well. Horizon is fixable, but contrast & softness (due to haze?) I'm not sure.

Main worries are contrast, exposure, color and backlit,
              Biggest issue is the right side of the frame is soft.

Main worries are exposure and backlit.
              Also somewhat soft (but to a lesser extent) on the right side. Contrast would be acceptable for me on both, but softness not.

Comment

Except for glare, I do see those as potential issues as well. Horizon is fixable, but contrast & softness (due to haze?) I'm not sure.

Biggest issue is the right side of the frame is soft.

Also somewhat soft (but to a lesser extent) on the right side. Contrast would be acceptable for me on both, but softness not.
                OK Thanks a lot Dana.

I tried to rework the Ukranian Boeing 737-900. Is it better now? Still not sure about the sharpness. Didn't change the rest of the edit. If it fails so be it.

Name:	DSC_9021-2.JPG
Size:	840.3 KB
ID:	1043662

Other two I give up due to bad originals

I would like prescreen/advice on this one

Name:	DSC_8942.JPG
Size:	828.4 KB
ID:	1043663

Biggest issues for me are crop (entire aircraft was not on the original, taken just behind the wing, didn't want to cut engine, wheel or titles) centering and contrast.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.

Comment

I tried to rework the Ukranian Boeing 737-900. Is it better now? Still not sure about the sharpness. Didn't change the rest of the edit. If it fails so be it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29708[/ATTACH]
                  Still borderline for soft right side.

I would like prescreen/advice on this one

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29709[/ATTACH]

Biggest issues for me are crop (entire aircraft was not on the original, taken just behind the wing, didn't want to cut engine, wheel or titles) centering and contrast.
                  Contrast ok, but yes borderline cut off. Will be a subjective decision by whoever screens it.

Comment

Still borderline for soft right side.

Thanks Dana,I'lllet this one go.

Contrast ok, but yes borderline cut off. Will be a subjective decision by whoever screens it.
                    Thanks Dana, I'll try my luck with it, if it fails , so be it.

I would like pre-screen on the following photos

Name:	DSC_2114.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	532.4 KB
ID:	1075068
                    Main worries are, sharpness, contrast (knowing its difficult) and obstruction. Maybe horizon as well

Name:	DSC_9297.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	1075069
                    I think it's way too soft.

Name:	DSC_9385-2.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	1075070
                    Is the sky here characteristic enough?, or is this just an ordinary dark/contrast/backlit reject?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Comment

I would like pre-screen on the following photos
                      Your self-assesments are basically correct:

1. borderline soft/contrast
                      2. soft
                      3. soft, dark/contrast

#2 should be fixable.

Comment

Your self-assesments are basically correct:

1. borderline soft/contrast
                        2. soft
                        3. soft, dark/contrast

#2 should be fixable.
                        Great, thanks a lot Dana,

I'll try my luck with a re-edit of the 2nd and maybe the first.

Could you (or someone else of course) be a more specific about this reject I received. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7705333

Oversharpen maybe, but there is nothing wrong with the contrast imho,

But maybe i'm thinking wrong....

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Comment

Great, thanks a lot Dana,

I'll try my luck with a re-edit of the 2nd and maybe the first.

Could you (or someone else of course) be a more specific about this reject I received. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7705333

Oversharpen maybe, but there is nothing wrong with the contrast imho,

But maybe i'm thinking wrong....

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
                          Borderline, but oversharpening is visible in spots (tail, titles on engine nacelle), and the contrast is a little strong.

Comment

Borderline, but oversharpening is visible in spots (tail, titles on engine nacelle), and the contrast is a little strong.
                            Thanks Dana, I found all the oversharpen spots, but still have two questions about this reject ,as I never had thie oversharpen before,

Would this be more worse on a higher resolution (i.e. 1920 PX wide), or would this just be an ordinary re-edit for correcting this issue.

Other question about the contrast, Personally I think the shadows are OK,but the whites and maybe the saturation is a litlle too tough, Do i see that right?

Another question. I would like prescreen on this photo. Biggest concerns are color and obstruction and maybe contrast and sharpness

Name:	DSC_9441.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	837.4 KB
ID:	1075514

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Thanks Dana, I found all the oversharpen spots, but still have two questions about this reject ,as I never had thie oversharpen before,

Would this be more worse on a higher resolution (i.e. 1920 PX wide), or would this just be an ordinary re-edit for correcting this issue.

Other question about the contrast, Personally I think the shadows are OK,but the whites and maybe the saturation is a litlle too tough, Do i see that right?
                              Higher resolution rarely makes things better, but you can always give it a try if you're worried about it. Contrast just a bit strong, but like I hinted, only borderline and would have been ok for me.

Another question. I would like prescreen on this photo. Biggest concerns are color and obstruction and maybe contrast and sharpness
                              Obstruction not an issue, but borderline (weak) contrast.

Comment

Higher resolution rarely makes things better, but you can always give it a try if you're worried about it. Contrast just a bit strong, but like I hinted, only borderline and would have been ok for me.

OK Thanks Dana, I've read between the lines and thus your hint , but as the oversharpening was too heavy on some eyecatching points for me, I decided too keep things as they were...

Obstruction not an issue, but borderline (weak) contrast.
                                I uploaded a reworked version with improved contrast imho. I'll see what happen.

I would like prescreen/advice on the following pictures.

Name:	DSC_9828.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	555.1 KB
ID:	1076169
                                Biggest worries for me on this one are color/saturation exposure and sharpness. It was about half an hour before sunset.

Name:	DSC_9852.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	795.6 KB
ID:	1076170 Biggest worries for me on this one are especially sharpness and also color. Also not that far before sunset.

Name:	DSC_2137-2.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	1076171 Biggest worries for me on this one are especially sharpness, exposure and contrast.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Comment

Working...
                                X