Thread: wkd001- Editing advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default wkd001- Editing advice

Hello,

Want to ask your opinion about these two...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9799.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	1,015.5 KB 
ID:	10738

Name:	DSC_9749.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	10739

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

There's perhaps a little room to add some contrast to both and I'd use the line of the runway as the reference for levelling the Delta shot, but they look pretty good to me!
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Thank you for your answer.

De Delta was a mistake , I already had in queue, but I removed because the horizon wasn't level indeed.
    Instead of the Delta I wanted to ask for this one.

Name:	DSC_9791.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	10742

It's a little low in the frame. Here's a view with a grid - if your editing software allows you to, setting up such a grid which splits the frame into thirds can really help with getting the aircraft central:

As you can see from that grid line compared to the runway there's still room to level it up (rotate counter-clockwise), but it looks good to me otherwise!

My images on Flickr

Thank you again PMN. Tried to use your advice in this re-edit. However, the rules for cebtering are sometimes a bit different, as in the past I got some photos rejected with the gear above the under horizontal line.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	61 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	10799

Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thank you again PMN. Tried to use your advice in this re-edit. However, the rules for cebtering are sometimes a bit different, as in the past I got some photos rejected with the gear above the under horizontal line.Click image for larger version. 

I personally prefer the previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post

The 'rules' don't change as such although sometimes at certain angles you do need to take into account things like the vertical stabiliser and the landing gear. It isn't always about whether the fuselage is dead central in the frame, it's sometimes more about whether the image is balanced. I wouldn't question whether the 767 in your latest shot were central if it appeared on my screening page but I think there's still room for it to be levelled - here's an example of how much rotation is needed to make the runway level:

Unless there are clear vertical references near the centre of the frame you can go by it often works well to level to the runway if you're reasonably side on. There are some weird exceptions like Manchester and Funchal but as a guide it generally works quite well.

My images on Flickr