Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks a lot Dana, I'll try my luck with 1,3 and 4

I would like advice/prescreen on these four images.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25409[/ATTACH] It's another snap as this rejected image https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7344798.
    Sharpness should be better on this one, but I do have a lot of concern about the contrast. if this one fails, I'll try to rework the rejected version.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25410[/ATTACH] Very afraid of contrast on this one.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25411[/ATTACH] Not sure on sharpness on this one.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]25412[/ATTACH] Not sure on sharpness/exposure and contrast on this one.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.
    1. bit soft towards the edges, right side especially
    2. borderline contrast
    3-4 borderline overexposed

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      1. bit soft towards the edges, right side especially
      2. borderline contrast
      3-4 borderline overexposed
      Thanks Dana,

I'll try to rework some.

Got this one rejected for (I think too little) contrast. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7348838

I am a little surprised as the photo is not that different from this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9331148

Both are from the same day.
      The rejected one was taken later as the accepted one.
      Could anyone explain the reject for me please?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards.

Comment

Thanks Dana,

I'll try to rework some.

Got this one rejected for (I think too little) contrast. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7348838

I am a little surprised as the photo is not that different from this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9331148

Both are from the same day.
        The rejected one was taken later as the accepted one.
        Could anyone explain the reject for me please?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards.
        Borderline, but would have been acceptable for me. Wait a few hours, then maybe consider an appeal, should have a decent chance.

Comment

Borderline, but would have been acceptable for me. Wait a few hours, then maybe consider an appeal, should have a decent chance.
          OK Thanks Dana, I decided to appeal and it got accepted.

I would like advice/pre-screen on two images.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2306-3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	908.1 KB
ID:	1040145 I reworked and resized it. Is it better now? The original file from the reject is too bad, so Iwould like to try this one.

Name:	DSC_2913.JPG
Size:	456.2 KB
ID:	1040146 Besides potential issues, I would like to know if it's too similar with this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8571146. Angle is, but light is quite different and more than two years later.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.

Comment

OK Thanks Dana, I decided to appeal and it got accepted.

I would like advice/pre-screen on two images.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25552[/ATTACH] I reworked and resized it. Is it better now? The original file from the reject is too bad, so Iwould like to try this one.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]25553[/ATTACH] Besides potential issues, I would like to know if it's too similar with this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8571146. Angle is, but light is quite different and more than two years later.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.
            1: looks OK
            2: too similar. TBH, I would ask for a deletion of the photo in the db and then upload this one.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
              1: looks OK
              2: too similar. TBH, I would ask for a deletion of the photo in the db and then upload this one.
              OK Thanks a lot Geri,

Remaining with one question tough,

Do I have to let the old photo of the KLM 787-9 delete first in the database and after that upload the new one?
              Or can I upload the new one and ask for deletion of the old one, together with the upload? as replacing.
              I've also thought about that indeed

The rules are not really clear to me on that point.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

• Hello, I would like prescreen/advice on these five photos from a recent trip to Frankfurt/ EDDF

Name:	DSC_3036.JPG
Size:	698.6 KB
ID:	1040340 Early morning shot with sunlight on this side of the tail. Any guidance if not acceptable would be appreciated.

Name:	DSC_3074.JPG
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	1040341 Not sure on sharpness of this one.

Name:	DSC_3111.JPG
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	1040342 Very unsure of contrast of this one.

Name:	DSC_3494-2.JPG
Size:	764.4 KB
ID:	1040343 I think I've done something wrong with processing. belly looks weird.

Name:	DSC_3593.JPG
Size:	1,011.5 KB
ID:	1040344 Contrast/exposure. Some gloomy light on the aircraft.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.

Comment

Hello, I would like prescreen/advice on these five photos from a recent trip to Frankfurt/ EDDF

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25786[/ATTACH] Early morning shot with sunlight on this side of the tail. Any guidance if not acceptable would be appreciated.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25787[/ATTACH] Not sure on sharpness of this one.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25788[/ATTACH] Very unsure of contrast of this one.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25789[/ATTACH] I think I've done something wrong with processing. belly looks weird.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]25790[/ATTACH] Contrast/exposure. Some gloomy light on the aircraft.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards.
                  1. borderline contrast/soft
                  2. borderline overexposed
                  3. borderline contrast
                  4-5 ok

Comment

• Thanks Dana,

I got two questions about mainly contrast issues.

#1 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3037-3.JPG
Size:	809.3 KB
ID:	1040501 This is another snap of #1 from the previous post,What's the way to go with the contrast here as I don't really know what to do here
                    I captured several aircrafts this way and I would like to try to make them acceptable here. Any guidance would be appreciated.
                    If there are any other issues here, i would like to know as well

#2 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2913-2.JPG
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	1040502 This is a re-edit of this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7383398. I can deal with the underexposed, Although the aircraft looks stronger to my with underexposure on a night shot
                    But that's my opinion. Technical it's right and I know.
                    But what's wrong with the contrast? i have no idea.
                    Any guidance and a possible prescreen at the re-edit would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards

Comment

Thanks Dana,

I got two questions about mainly contrast issues.

#1 [ATTACH=CONFIG]25963[/ATTACH] This is another snap of #1 from the previous post,What's the way to go with the contrast here as I don't really know what to do here
                      I captured several aircrafts this way and I would like to try to make them acceptable here. Any guidance would be appreciated.
                      If there are any other issues here, i would like to know as well

#2 [ATTACH=CONFIG]25964[/ATTACH] This is a re-edit of this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7383398. I can deal with the underexposed, Although the aircraft looks stronger to my with underexposure on a night shot
                      But that's my opinion. Technical it's right and I know.
                      But what's wrong with the contrast? i have no idea.
                      Any guidance and a possible prescreen at the re-edit would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards
                      1. very borderline dark/contrast. not quite silhouette shot, but kind of too dark to see much. also soft.
                      2. tail soft, otherwise ok for me

Comment

1. very borderline dark/contrast. not quite silhouette shot, but kind of too dark to see much. also soft.
                        2. tail soft, otherwise ok for me
                        Ok thanks Dana,

Fortunately I could add sharpness to the KLM 787-9 and I will drop it in the queue.

As I'm still unsure about the silhouette photos I would like to ask pre-screen for two different photos which are editted in a different way.

Name:	DSC_3015.JPG
Size:	614.9 KB
ID:	1040525 A China Southern Boeing 777F, My first photo from that morning. Made that dark to show the condensation, but also unsure about the Sky.

Name:	DSC_3025.JPG
Size:	545.6 KB
ID:	1040526 A Qatar Boeing 777-300ER, with better light, although brightening it up more, would result in a contrast reject I think.

Which one would have the best chance or less re-edit, to make it to the db.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Comment

Ok thanks Dana,

Fortunately I could add sharpness to the KLM 787-9 and I will drop it in the queue.

As I'm still unsure about the silhouette photos I would like to ask pre-screen for two different photos which are editted in a different way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25989[/ATTACH] A China Southern Boeing 777F, My first photo from that morning. Made that dark to show the condensation, but also unsure about the Sky.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25992[/ATTACH] A Qatar Boeing 777-300ER, with better light, although brightening it up more, would result in a contrast reject I think.

Which one would have the best chance or less re-edit, to make it to the db.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
                          Second maybe a bit better, but both really still too dark (both aircraft and background) to really achieve that silhouette effect, imho.

Comment

Second maybe a bit better, but both really still too dark (both aircraft and background) to really achieve that silhouette effect, imho.
                            OK, Thanks Dana,

Maybe I'll rework the CZ (and also the SAA) later as the QR will suffer contrast reject with brighting.

Another reason is there are also other images for me I would like prescreen/advice about these five

Name:	DSC_3138.JPG
Size:	996.2 KB
ID:	1040580 Don't know what to think about especially the right side of the aircraft. it's a little blending with the sky.

Name:	DSC_3263.JPG
Size:	591.2 KB
ID:	1040581 especially exposure.

Name:	DSC_3613.JPG
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	1040582 sharpness and contrast.

Name:	DSC_3967-2.JPG
Size:	900.1 KB
ID:	1040583 especially exposure

Name:	DSC_4073.JPG
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1040584 sharpness/exposure/contrast

Thanks in advance.

Comment

OK, Thanks Dana,

Maybe I'll rework the CZ (and also the SAA) later as the QR will suffer contrast reject with brighting.

Another reason is there are also other images for me I would like prescreen/advice about these five

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26054[/ATTACH] Don't know what to think about especially the right side of the aircraft. it's a little blending with the sky.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26055[/ATTACH] especially exposure.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26056[/ATTACH] sharpness and contrast.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26057[/ATTACH] especially exposure
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]26058[/ATTACH] sharpness/exposure/contrast

Thanks in advance.
                              Last one looks almost backlit, but that's probably just the paint. Rest look ok.

Comment

Last one looks almost backlit, but that's probably just the paint. Rest look ok.
                                Thanks Dana for your time,

Got three questions at the moment.

First of all this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7398274. I've seen similar photos being accepted (OK on the ground)
                                But due to the indirect light and the dark clouds I think there should be something acceptable being possible.
                                Is there any guidance on this one possible?

And I do have two photos for prescreen which give me doubts

Name:	DSC_3395-2.JPG
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1040725 very afraid of overexposure at least on this one.

Name:	DSC_3849.JPG
Size:	958.5 KB
ID:	1040726 Not sure on especially horizon on this one.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X