Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 361 to 378 of 378

Thread: wkd001- Editing advice

  1. #361
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks a lot Dana, I'll try my luck with 1,3 and 4

    I would like advice/prescreen on these four images.

    Attachment 25409 It's another snap as this rejected image https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7344798.
    Sharpness should be better on this one, but I do have a lot of concern about the contrast. if this one fails, I'll try to rework the rejected version.
    Attachment 25410 Very afraid of contrast on this one.
    Attachment 25411 Not sure on sharpness on this one.
    Attachment 25412 Not sure on sharpness/exposure and contrast on this one.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best Regards.
    1. bit soft towards the edges, right side especially
    2. borderline contrast
    3-4 borderline overexposed

  2. #362
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. bit soft towards the edges, right side especially
    2. borderline contrast
    3-4 borderline overexposed
    Thanks Dana,

    I'll try to rework some.

    Got this one rejected for (I think too little) contrast. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7348838

    I am a little surprised as the photo is not that different from this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9331148

    Both are from the same day.
    The rejected one was taken later as the accepted one.
    Could anyone explain the reject for me please?

    Thanks in Advance

    Best Regards.

  3. #363
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks Dana,

    I'll try to rework some.

    Got this one rejected for (I think too little) contrast. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7348838

    I am a little surprised as the photo is not that different from this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9331148

    Both are from the same day.
    The rejected one was taken later as the accepted one.
    Could anyone explain the reject for me please?

    Thanks in Advance

    Best Regards.
    Borderline, but would have been acceptable for me. Wait a few hours, then maybe consider an appeal, should have a decent chance.

  4. #364
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Borderline, but would have been acceptable for me. Wait a few hours, then maybe consider an appeal, should have a decent chance.
    OK Thanks Dana, I decided to appeal and it got accepted.

    I would like advice/pre-screen on two images.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2306-3.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	908.1 KB 
ID:	25552 I reworked and resized it. Is it better now? The original file from the reject is too bad, so Iwould like to try this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2913.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	456.2 KB 
ID:	25553 Besides potential issues, I would like to know if it's too similar with this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8571146. Angle is, but light is quite different and more than two years later.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best Regards.

  5. #365
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    OK Thanks Dana, I decided to appeal and it got accepted.

    I would like advice/pre-screen on two images.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2306-3.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	908.1 KB 
ID:	25552 I reworked and resized it. Is it better now? The original file from the reject is too bad, so Iwould like to try this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2913.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	456.2 KB 
ID:	25553 Besides potential issues, I would like to know if it's too similar with this one https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8571146. Angle is, but light is quite different and more than two years later.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best Regards.
    1: looks OK
    2: too similar. TBH, I would ask for a deletion of the photo in the db and then upload this one.

  6. #366
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    1: looks OK
    2: too similar. TBH, I would ask for a deletion of the photo in the db and then upload this one.
    OK Thanks a lot Geri,

    Remaining with one question tough,

    Do I have to let the old photo of the KLM 787-9 delete first in the database and after that upload the new one?
    Or can I upload the new one and ask for deletion of the old one, together with the upload? as replacing.
    I've also thought about that indeed

    The rules are not really clear to me on that point.

    Thanks in Advance.

  7. #367
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Hello, I would like prescreen/advice on these five photos from a recent trip to Frankfurt/ EDDF

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3036.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	698.6 KB 
ID:	25786 Early morning shot with sunlight on this side of the tail. Any guidance if not acceptable would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3074.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	25787 Not sure on sharpness of this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3111.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	505.7 KB 
ID:	25788 Very unsure of contrast of this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3494-2.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	764.4 KB 
ID:	25789 I think I've done something wrong with processing. belly looks weird.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3593.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1,011.5 KB 
ID:	25790 Contrast/exposure. Some gloomy light on the aircraft.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best Regards.

  8. #368
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Hello, I would like prescreen/advice on these five photos from a recent trip to Frankfurt/ EDDF

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3036.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	698.6 KB 
ID:	25786 Early morning shot with sunlight on this side of the tail. Any guidance if not acceptable would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3074.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	25787 Not sure on sharpness of this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3111.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	505.7 KB 
ID:	25788 Very unsure of contrast of this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3494-2.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	764.4 KB 
ID:	25789 I think I've done something wrong with processing. belly looks weird.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3593.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1,011.5 KB 
ID:	25790 Contrast/exposure. Some gloomy light on the aircraft.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best Regards.
    1. borderline contrast/soft
    2. borderline overexposed
    3. borderline contrast
    4-5 ok

  9. #369
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Thanks Dana,

    I got two questions about mainly contrast issues.

    #1 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3037-3.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	809.3 KB 
ID:	25963 This is another snap of #1 from the previous post,What's the way to go with the contrast here as I don't really know what to do here
    I captured several aircrafts this way and I would like to try to make them acceptable here. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    If there are any other issues here, i would like to know as well

    #2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2913-2.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	455.2 KB 
ID:	25964 This is a re-edit of this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7383398. I can deal with the underexposed, Although the aircraft looks stronger to my with underexposure on a night shot
    But that's my opinion. Technical it's right and I know.
    But what's wrong with the contrast? i have no idea.
    Any guidance and a possible prescreen at the re-edit would be appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance!

    Best Regards

  10. #370
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks Dana,

    I got two questions about mainly contrast issues.

    #1 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3037-3.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	809.3 KB 
ID:	25963 This is another snap of #1 from the previous post,What's the way to go with the contrast here as I don't really know what to do here
    I captured several aircrafts this way and I would like to try to make them acceptable here. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    If there are any other issues here, i would like to know as well

    #2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2913-2.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	455.2 KB 
ID:	25964 This is a re-edit of this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7383398. I can deal with the underexposed, Although the aircraft looks stronger to my with underexposure on a night shot
    But that's my opinion. Technical it's right and I know.
    But what's wrong with the contrast? i have no idea.
    Any guidance and a possible prescreen at the re-edit would be appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance!

    Best Regards
    1. very borderline dark/contrast. not quite silhouette shot, but kind of too dark to see much. also soft.
    2. tail soft, otherwise ok for me

  11. #371
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. very borderline dark/contrast. not quite silhouette shot, but kind of too dark to see much. also soft.
    2. tail soft, otherwise ok for me
    Ok thanks Dana,

    Fortunately I could add sharpness to the KLM 787-9 and I will drop it in the queue.

    As I'm still unsure about the silhouette photos I would like to ask pre-screen for two different photos which are editted in a different way.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3015.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	614.9 KB 
ID:	25989 A China Southern Boeing 777F, My first photo from that morning. Made that dark to show the condensation, but also unsure about the Sky.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3025.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	545.6 KB 
ID:	25992 A Qatar Boeing 777-300ER, with better light, although brightening it up more, would result in a contrast reject I think.

    Which one would have the best chance or less re-edit, to make it to the db.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards.

  12. #372
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Ok thanks Dana,

    Fortunately I could add sharpness to the KLM 787-9 and I will drop it in the queue.

    As I'm still unsure about the silhouette photos I would like to ask pre-screen for two different photos which are editted in a different way.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3015.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	614.9 KB 
ID:	25989 A China Southern Boeing 777F, My first photo from that morning. Made that dark to show the condensation, but also unsure about the Sky.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3025.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	545.6 KB 
ID:	25992 A Qatar Boeing 777-300ER, with better light, although brightening it up more, would result in a contrast reject I think.

    Which one would have the best chance or less re-edit, to make it to the db.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards.
    Second maybe a bit better, but both really still too dark (both aircraft and background) to really achieve that silhouette effect, imho.

  13. #373
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Second maybe a bit better, but both really still too dark (both aircraft and background) to really achieve that silhouette effect, imho.
    OK, Thanks Dana,

    Maybe I'll rework the CZ (and also the SAA) later as the QR will suffer contrast reject with brighting.

    Another reason is there are also other images for me I would like prescreen/advice about these five

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3138.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	996.2 KB 
ID:	26054 Don't know what to think about especially the right side of the aircraft. it's a little blending with the sky.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3263.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	591.2 KB 
ID:	26055 especially exposure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3613.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	547.7 KB 
ID:	26056 sharpness and contrast.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3967-2.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	900.1 KB 
ID:	26057 especially exposure
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4073.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	26058 sharpness/exposure/contrast

    Thanks in advance.

  14. #374
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    OK, Thanks Dana,

    Maybe I'll rework the CZ (and also the SAA) later as the QR will suffer contrast reject with brighting.

    Another reason is there are also other images for me I would like prescreen/advice about these five

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3138.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	996.2 KB 
ID:	26054 Don't know what to think about especially the right side of the aircraft. it's a little blending with the sky.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3263.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	591.2 KB 
ID:	26055 especially exposure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3613.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	547.7 KB 
ID:	26056 sharpness and contrast.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3967-2.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	900.1 KB 
ID:	26057 especially exposure
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4073.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	26058 sharpness/exposure/contrast

    Thanks in advance.
    Last one looks almost backlit, but that's probably just the paint. Rest look ok.

  15. #375
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Last one looks almost backlit, but that's probably just the paint. Rest look ok.
    Thanks Dana for your time,

    Got three questions at the moment.

    First of all this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7398274. I've seen similar photos being accepted (OK on the ground)
    But due to the indirect light and the dark clouds I think there should be something acceptable being possible.
    Is there any guidance on this one possible?

    And I do have two photos for prescreen which give me doubts

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3395-2.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	26210 very afraid of overexposure at least on this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3849.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	958.5 KB 
ID:	26211 Not sure on especially horizon on this one.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Best Regards

  16. #376
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks Dana for your time,

    Got three questions at the moment.

    First of all this reject https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7398274. I've seen similar photos being accepted (OK on the ground)
    But due to the indirect light and the dark clouds I think there should be something acceptable being possible.
    Is there any guidance on this one possible?
    Borderline, but contrast is weak due to indirect light. May be fixable.

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    And I do have two photos for prescreen which give me doubts

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3395-2.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	26210 very afraid of overexposure at least on this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3849.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	958.5 KB 
ID:	26211 Not sure on especially horizon on this one.
    Both appear to be nearly overexposed. Horizon looks ok.

  17. #377
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Borderline, but contrast is weak due to indirect light. May be fixable.



    Both appear to be nearly overexposed. Horizon looks ok.
    OK Thanks Dana,

    I tried something different on two and I would like prescreen/advice again please.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3598.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	666.5 KB 
ID:	26335 This is a different snap from this reject. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7398274, but by far not sure of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3849-2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	26336 reduced exposure on this one.

    I also would like prescreen on these three.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3234-2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	989.9 KB 
ID:	26337 Especially horizon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3748.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	26338 Exposure/ contrast/ sharpness

    For the attached, not sure on contrast at most.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4179.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	466.7 KB 
ID:	26339  
    Last edited by wkd001; 07-13-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: mistake in uploading

  18. #378
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    OK Thanks Dana,

    I tried something different on two and I would like prescreen/advice again please.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3598.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	666.5 KB 
ID:	26335 This is a different snap from this reject. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7398274, but by far not sure of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3849-2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	26336 reduced exposure on this one.

    I also would like prescreen on these three.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3234-2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	989.9 KB 
ID:	26337 Especially horizon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3748.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	26338 Exposure/ contrast/ sharpness

    For the attached, not sure on contrast at most.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards
    1. very borderline contrast
    2. ok
    3. soft, borderline color (red)
    4. ok
    5. very borderline contrast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •