Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 381

Thread: wkd001- Editing advice

  1. #41
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks again Dana.

    1. Will remain personal.
    2. Will re-edit it when possible.
    3. Is already in the queue.

    Want to offer some more for pre-screen.

    Attachment 11593
    Attachment 11594
    Attachment 11595
    Attachment 11596
    Attachment 11597
    1. ok
    2. soft
    3. ok
    4. centering (too low), borderline color
    5. ok

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. ok
    2. soft
    3. ok
    4. centering (too low), borderline color
    5. ok
    Thank you again Dana.
    1,3 and 5 are in the queue.

    I want to offer some more for pre-screening.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	795.8 KB 
ID:	11672
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4507.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	980.1 KB 
ID:	11673
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4521.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	11674
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9970.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	11675
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9977.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	11676

    note to nr 1. Re-edit of one which was too soft in pre-screening in this thread.
    Not to nr 3. think it's not working ,but I want to know for sure.

  3. #43
    JetPhotos Crew B7772ADL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Surrey, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thank you again Dana.
    1,3 and 5 are in the queue.

    I want to offer some more for pre-screening.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	795.8 KB 
ID:	11672
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4507.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	980.1 KB 
ID:	11673
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4521.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	11674
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9970.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	11675
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9977.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	11676

    note to nr 1. Re-edit of one which was too soft in pre-screening in this thread.
    Not to nr 3. think it's not working ,but I want to know for sure.
    1. Maybe another pass of sharpening
    2. Horizon looks off
    3. Dark/contrast, horizon
    4. Looks ok
    5. Horizon.

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B7772ADL View Post
    1. Maybe another pass of sharpening
    2. Horizon looks off
    3. Dark/contrast, horizon
    4. Looks ok
    5. Horizon.
    Thank you James.

    I only want to know what you mean for nr. 2. Ain't the horizon level?
    To me it seems Ok, but maybe I'm wrong. All the photos are taken on days with very variable weather.
    Nr 3 will remain personal. Don't think I can get the aircraft brighter as the sky.

    this are the re-edits of 1 and 3. (maybe 1 is blurred . Not sure about it at all.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	947.1 KB 
ID:	11691
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9977-2.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	11692

    Got a couple more for pre-screen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9756.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	630.7 KB 
ID:	11693
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9837.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	998.3 KB 
ID:	11694
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9874.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1,013.6 KB 
ID:	11695

  5. #45
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thank you James.

    I only want to know what you mean for nr. 2. Ain't the horizon level?
    To me it seems Ok, but maybe I'm wrong. All the photos are taken on days with very variable weather.
    Nr 3 will remain personal. Don't think I can get the aircraft brighter as the sky.

    this are the re-edits of 1 and 3. (maybe 1 is blurred . Not sure about it at all.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0021.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	947.1 KB 
ID:	11691
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9977-2.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	11692

    Got a couple more for pre-screen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9756.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	630.7 KB 
ID:	11693
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9837.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	998.3 KB 
ID:	11694
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9874.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1,013.6 KB 
ID:	11695
    All except the last one would be ok for me; the last one would be a contrast rejection if I screened it.

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    All except the last one would be ok for me; the last one would be a contrast rejection if I screened it.
    Thank you again Dana.

    Gave a re-edit to nr 5, just been testing with shadows and blacks coming to this... Think it's too much butI want to know for sure.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9874.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	11732

    Got also this one rejected today https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6213963

    Made a re-edit of this, but do have doubts especially about the sharpening

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8543.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	11733

  7. #47
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thank you again Dana.

    Gave a re-edit to nr 5, just been testing with shadows and blacks coming to this... Think it's too much butI want to know for sure.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9874.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	11732

    Got also this one rejected today https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6213963

    Made a re-edit of this, but do have doubts especially about the sharpening

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8543.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	11733
    Contrast and soft rejections respectively, for me.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Contrast and soft rejections respectively, for me.
    Dana, after checking it again, the KLM wil remain personal as the aircraft is a tad darker as the background and he shadows were almost pushed tot the max in this case.
    The CargoLogic however, is a musthave for me,so I decided to give it another try (If this one fails, I'll try another one).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8543-2.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	11782

    Aslo some more again for pre-screen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8370.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	802.5 KB 
ID:	11783
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8851.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	777.9 KB 
ID:	11784
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8857-2.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	966.2 KB 
ID:	11785
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8861-2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	928.6 KB 
ID:	11786

  9. #49
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Dana, after checking it again, the KLM wil remain personal as the aircraft is a tad darker as the background and he shadows were almost pushed tot the max in this case.
    The CargoLogic however, is a musthave for me,so I decided to give it another try (If this one fails, I'll try another one).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8543-2.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	11782

    Aslo some more again for pre-screen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8370.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	802.5 KB 
ID:	11783
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8851.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	777.9 KB 
ID:	11784
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8857-2.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	966.2 KB 
ID:	11785
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8861-2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	928.6 KB 
ID:	11786
    1. ok
    2. soft
    3. low in frame
    4. ok
    5. ok

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. ok
    2. soft
    3. low in frame
    4. ok
    5. ok
    Dana, Thanks Again.

    The Kuwait will remain personal as the original was also low in frame . (Don't expect to fix it properly.

    Re-editted the BA 787-9 from the previous post.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8370.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	978.9 KB 
ID:	11841

    I do have some more for pre-screen...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4505.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	750.9 KB 
ID:	11844
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4508.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	11843
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8121.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	816.1 KB 
ID:	11846
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8772.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	11848

  11. #51
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Dana, Thanks Again.

    The Kuwait will remain personal as the original was also low in frame . (Don't expect to fix it properly.

    Re-editted the BA 787-9 from the previous post.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8370.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	978.9 KB 
ID:	11841

    I do have some more for pre-screen...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4505.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	750.9 KB 
ID:	11844
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4508.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	11843
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8121.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	816.1 KB 
ID:	11846
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8772.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	11848
    Borderline soft for the first two, and the CX might need a little ccw, otherwise don't see any big problems.

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    Borderline soft for the first two, and the CX might need a little ccw, otherwise don't see any big problems.
    Thanks Dana.

    The CX is in the Queue with some ccw-rotation and a little additional sharpening.

    Gave also the BA 789 a little sharpening .As i'm still not completely sure about it, here it is again.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8370.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	12003

    Some more for pre-screen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8850.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	874.1 KB 
ID:	12004
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8751-2.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	966.5 KB 
ID:	12005
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9531-2.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	596.6 KB 
ID:	12006

    Final question for this moment. Got this one rejected. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6227142
    Still struggling with this one. made another edit of it, but not sure at all if it's good.
    Couls anyone give me advice on it.?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9640-3.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	665.2 KB 
ID:	12007

  13. #53
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thanks Dana.

    The CX is in the Queue with some ccw-rotation and a little additional sharpening.

    Gave also the BA 789 a little sharpening .As i'm still not completely sure about it, here it is again.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8370.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	12003

    Some more for pre-screen.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8850.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	874.1 KB 
ID:	12004
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_8751-2.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	966.5 KB 
ID:	12005
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9531-2.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	596.6 KB 
ID:	12006

    Final question for this moment. Got this one rejected. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6227142
    Still struggling with this one. made another edit of it, but not sure at all if it's good.
    Couls anyone give me advice on it.?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9640-3.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	665.2 KB 
ID:	12007
    1. ok
    2. borderline cut off/contrast
    3. ok
    4. borderline color
    5. borderline contrast still. as with #4 there is a slight yellow/cyan cast.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    1. ok
    2. borderline cut off/contrast
    3. ok
    4. borderline color
    5. borderline contrast still. as with #4 there is a slight yellow/cyan cast.
    Thaks again Dana.

    BA en American 787's are in the queue.
    Will give the Kuwait a try apparently,as I got a similar shot with an EK A380 in the database.

    Here are nr 4 and 5 from the previous posts again.
    Tried to fix them. But I think I'll let the Iberia go as the sky seems to be blown out to me right now...
    The Dash gives me doubt about the contrast right now...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9531-2.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	585.8 KB 
ID:	12115
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9640-3.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	664.5 KB 
ID:	12116

  15. #55
    JetPhotos.Net Crew LX-A343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Zurich Kloten - LSZH
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    Thaks again Dana.

    BA en American 787's are in the queue.
    Will give the Kuwait a try apparently,as I got a similar shot with an EK A380 in the database.

    Here are nr 4 and 5 from the previous posts again.
    Tried to fix them. But I think I'll let the Iberia go as the sky seems to be blown out to me right now...
    The Dash gives me doubt about the contrast right now...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9531-2.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	585.8 KB 
ID:	12115
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9640-3.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	664.5 KB 
ID:	12116
    1 still borderline colour and IMO also soft
    2 contrast, colour

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343 View Post
    1 still borderline colour and IMO also soft
    2 contrast, colour
    Gerido, thanks for your time...Maybe I will try the Dash later once More. Won't spend any energy to the Iberia anymore.

    Finally had the time and the opportunty to shoot some new material. I would like to offer five for pre-screen.
    However as this was one of the few occasions to shoot for me in this conditions, I am curious...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0086.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	870.5 KB 
ID:	12144
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0095.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	817.9 KB 
ID:	12145
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0136.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	761.4 KB 
ID:	12146
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0140.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	962.8 KB 
ID:	12147
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0157.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	832.5 KB 
ID:	12148

  17. #57
    Administrator Alex - Spot-This !'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    1) nice but maybe needs a little 0.2 CCW rotation to it
    2)) ok
    3) Great light but editing should improve the mid tones which are too dark
    4) ok
    5) ok

    Regards
    Alex

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    1) nice but maybe needs a little 0.2 CCW rotation to it
    2)) ok
    3) Great light but editing should improve the mid tones which are too dark
    4) ok
    5) ok

    Regards
    Alex
    A big Thank you to you Alex.

    Gave the Air China Cargo 0.18 CCW (According my Lightroom), added a small amount of sharpness to it due to smaller crop and puted it in the queue.

    The TAP gives me more problems at this moment.
    Could toy with shadows and exposure and light although I think it's not enough
    If I should add more, my histogram runs too far to the right in my opinion.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0136-3.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	12164

    Also two more for pre-screen...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0113.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	951.3 KB 
ID:	12165
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0128.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	994.1 KB 
ID:	12166

  19. #59
    JetPhotos.Net Crew
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkd001 View Post
    A big Thank you to you Alex.

    Gave the Air China Cargo 0.18 CCW (According my Lightroom), added a small amount of sharpness to it due to smaller crop and puted it in the queue.

    The TAP gives me more problems at this moment.
    Could toy with shadows and exposure and light although I think it's not enough
    If I should add more, my histogram runs too far to the right in my opinion.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0136-3.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	12164

    Also two more for pre-screen...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0113.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	951.3 KB 
ID:	12165
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0128.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	994.1 KB 
ID:	12166
    All are lacking contrast and have a slight green tint.

    The first also has other issues like noise, and what looks like poor dust removal above the aircraft so would be rejected for manipulation/overprocessing.

    Third has a visible dust spot.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowwa View Post
    All are lacking contrast and have a slight green tint.

    The first also has other issues like noise, and what looks like poor dust removal above the aircraft so would be rejected for manipulation/overprocessing.

    Third has a visible dust spot.
    Dana, thank you for your words. Do understand what you're saying, Don't know how to fix everything properly.
    Having issues with several pre-screened and rejected shots with casts
    Has it something to do with white balance.
    With the KLM 789, could desaturate the green colours, and also gave it more contrast, but for my idea, it doesn't care
    As earlier mentioned, i could play with midtones/shadows, but with the low sun, I don't think will help, because the histogram will fall too far to the right.
    It's included again

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0113.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	989.1 KB 
ID:	12198

    For comparison I include another KLM shot of a T7, (also for pre-screen) but I think it will suffer the same fate. It has for me the same story as the 789.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0152.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	930.6 KB 
ID:	12199

    I will re-work the TK A320, later to remove the dust-spot properly I deerly forgot ( )and the other mentioned points.:
    The TAP A319 will remain personal As I don't know how to remove the noise field properly in only lightroom. ( I don't have PS)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0113.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	664.7 KB 
ID:	12197  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •