777MAN - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 777MAN - Editing Advice

Im in mid trip with Emirates. I have taken a few cabin shots and will take some more soon.
    I have edited these below todate and wonder which (if any) you would consider acceptable for up load.
    Cheers T

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
    Im in mid trip with Emirates. I have taken a few cabin shots and will take some more soon.
    I have edited these below todate and wonder which (if any) you would consider acceptable for up load.
    Cheers T

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10876[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10877[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10878[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10879[/ATTACH]
    You have to make a choice here. I suggest you choose one of the chairs close up, i would say no 3 as that one looks not cut off and looks level
    No 4 does not show enough overview, mostly ceiling of the a/c

Comment

Thanks Pam for the quick response, just the sort of advice I was looking for
      Tony

Comment

Hi Folks,

appreciate views on this wing view I have just taken landing into DXB. I haven't taken one before with such a backdrop of desert sand, remote enclosures and the early sunrise hitting the wing. There is also morning dew on the wing close to the fuselage as we drop through the temp changes which I hope is obvious.
        Cheers T

Comment

Hi Folks,

appreciate views on this wing view I have just taken landing into DXB. I haven't taken one before with such a backdrop of desert sand, remote enclosures and the early sunrise hitting the wing. There is also morning dew on the wing close to the fuselage as we drop through the temp changes which I hope is obvious.
          Cheers T

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11190[/ATTACH]
          Debatable, but it would be a motive rejection for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Debatable, but it would be a motive rejection for me.
            Thanks for the quick reply Dana.

Would you help me understand the ‘motive’ rejection

My thoughts were -

I did think about ‘Horizon’ level etc but figured the banking shot was self evident

In terms of motive for a wing view from the upper deck of the A380 I looked at it as featuring sufficient wing/ engine showing a typical approach into DXB crossing the nomad areas as we bank hard to starboard.

Appreciate if it was taken from the lower deck it might have a more conventional wing view feel.

When I had a quick check of motive in the guidelines I formed a view that the image and motive met this part
            “or have a significant amount of the aircraft in view and be visually appealing”. Appreciate the later is a subjective point and as you point out debatable.
            Cheers Tony

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Dana.

Would you help me understand the ‘motive’ rejection

My thoughts were -

I did think about ‘Horizon’ level etc but figured the banking shot was self evident

In terms of motive for a wing view from the upper deck of the A380 I looked at it as featuring sufficient wing/ engine showing a typical approach into DXB crossing the nomad areas as we bank hard to starboard.

Appreciate if it was taken from the lower deck it might have a more conventional wing view feel.

When I had a quick check of motive in the guidelines I formed a view that the image and motive met this part
              “or have a significant amount of the aircraft in view and be visually appealing”. Appreciate the later is a subjective point and as you point out debatable.
              Cheers Tony
              Personally, I don't understand what you're trying to show. It's not really the wing or engine as those are blocked/cut off, and the terrain is mostly hidden behind the slab of wing you've included, so it's not really a landscape shot either. But as you say, subjective, certainly.

Comment

Appreciate views on this one (A6-EUY) I just took of the new upper deck bar launched by Emirates as part of their new look. widest lens I had was 16-35mm I took it slightly to the left to get as much into view as I could whilst keeping it straight. the new premium leather seats are just in view to the right. Light was tricky with intense sunlight coming in and trying to keep the shadow detail/ambience.
                cheers T

Comment

Appreciate views on this one (A6-EUY) I just took of the new upper deck bar launched by Emirates as part of their new look. widest lens I had was 16-35mm I took it slightly to the left to get as much into view as I could whilst keeping it straight. the new premium leather seats are just in view to the right. Light was tricky with intense sunlight coming in and trying to keep the shadow detail/ambience.
                  cheers T
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]11366[/ATTACH]
                  I would accept it. The overexposed windows in the background are not that distracting. The overall quality is great.
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and comments, appreciated.
                    Will put it in the queue
                    Tony

Comment

Hi, just taken some today at Lihue, the Tradewinds are whipping up high winds/clouds. Don't won't to waste screeners time so I have edited one from earlier to see if the conditions and edit might be db acceptable.
                      cheers T

Comment

Hi, just taken some today at Lihue, the Tradewinds are whipping up high winds/clouds. Don't won't to waste screeners time so I have edited one from earlier to see if the conditions and edit might be db acceptable.
                        cheers T
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11701[/ATTACH]
                        Looks passable to me.

Comment

Hi, had the below rejected. I appealed citing the airframe details were clearly visible and for a sunset image correctly exposed. The appeal came back with this
                          “ Your appeal for photo id 6228156 has been processed and has been rejected.

Admin Comments >>

>> http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=6228156

Doesn’t really help me understand why it’s been deemed dark / underexposed?

I also put in the appeal one of my accepted images of a similar nature that was initially rejected as dark / underexposed and accepted on appeal as an example https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8656733

Seems to me very hit and miss with low sun images as to acceptance / rejection.

Comment

Hi, had the below rejected. I appealed citing the airframe details were clearly visible and for a sunset image correctly exposed. The appeal came back with this
                            “ Your appeal for photo id 6228156 has been processed and has been rejected.

Admin Comments >>

>> http://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=6228156

Doesn’t really help me understand why it’s been deemed dark / underexposed?

I also put in the appeal one of my accepted images of a similar nature that was initially rejected as dark / underexposed and accepted on appeal as an example https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8656733
                            Hey

If you can see in the histogram, the dark tones on the left side are very much, the bright tones on the right are quite dark and very small.
                            I have edited you picture only on the right side. Itīs only a try and not 100% sure because the nose is nearly blown out due to sun which is falling on the nose. Maybe you can try to lift the bright tones with the curves.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	59456_1512189976.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	840.2 KB
ID:	1020840

Seems to me very hit and miss with low sun images as to acceptance / rejection.
                            Each screener have another opinion, like you and me and any other photographer in the world. Itīs nearly not possible that any person have the same opinion! Probably they are a bit "under pressure" due to the queue, because they want to hold down the queue -FOR US!
                            Best Regards from Germany,
                            Julian S.​

Comment

Hi,
                              Just took this at Stockholm. Appreciate advice on exposure etc.. I don't want to run into a dark underexposed rejection.
                              FYI - sun low fast approaching Artic sunset and well cold

Comment

Working...
                              X