• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 777MAN View Post
    sorry the crop without the ground crew member I mentioned hadn't embedded

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14487[/ATTACH]
    Works for me.

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejected - 'Bad Motive' I don't seem to see anything further by way of screener comments.

I considered it showed the runway and buildings (hangers) of this little-known airstrip and complied with motive. Wildlife is part of the NOTAM for using this airfield.

Appreciate a little further as to 'Bad Motive' if pos please?
      cheers T

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6444126

Rejected - 'Bad Motive' I don't seem to see anything further by way of screener comments.

I considered it showed the runway and buildings (hangers) of this little-known airstrip and complied with motive. Wildlife is part of the NOTAM for using this airfield.

Appreciate a little further as to 'Bad Motive' if pos please?
        cheers T
        Airstrips that are grass/natural are difficult to get accepted as Airport Overviews. I understand that's the runway, and I can see the tiny windsock in the distance, but really it's just a grass field with some nondescript buildings in the background. It's kind of similar to how we don't accept terminal shots where the image could have just as easily been taken inside a shopping mall, as there is not much to identify it as an airport, although it of course is. Probably not a satisfactory answer for you, but that's the kind of reasoning behind the motive rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Airstrips that are grass/natural are difficult to get accepted as Airport Overviews. I understand that's the runway, and I can see the tiny windsock in the distance, but really it's just a grass field with some nondescript buildings in the background. It's kind of similar to how we don't accept terminal shots where the image could have just as easily been taken inside a shopping mall, as there is not much to identify it as an airport, although it of course is. Probably not a satisfactory answer for you, but that's the kind of reasoning behind the motive rejection.
          Ok thanks Dana, that helps me understand the reasoning. cheers T

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Rejected “Dark/Underexposed”.

Histogram on luminosity and RGB seems well balanced, maybe stand a little lift in the mids? Overall tho seems a marginal rejection to me
            Appreciate a second opinion before considering any appeal. Cheers T

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6456228

Rejected “Dark/Underexposed”.

Histogram on luminosity and RGB seems well balanced, maybe stand a little lift in the mids? Overall tho seems a marginal rejection to me
              Appreciate a second opinion before considering any appeal. Cheers T
              The shadows completely lack details, hence the rejection.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

rejected 'Oversharpen' - I assume its the fuselage and tail 3 stripe band? I did struggle with it as it almost took on a kinda moire look whatever I did. Anyhow its a new frame to the db etc...so I am having another look.

I have masked the sharpening on the stripes on this 2nd one - Any better?

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6479016

rejected 'Oversharpen' - I assume its the fuselage and tail 3 stripe band? I did struggle with it as it almost took on a kinda moire look whatever I did. Anyhow its a new frame to the db etc...so I am having another look.

I have masked the sharpening on the stripes on this 2nd one - Any better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14681[/ATTACH]
                  Yes, the jaggies on the stripes. Still there on the second version, but both would have been ok for me as they're kind of hard to avoid in that situation.

Comment

thanks Dana

Yea, difficult to know what to do as its not in the db.

The RAW is fine, however as you say bringing it into the db within the available edited parameters is tricky to avoid those stripes & jaggies.

1900pix - All sharpening etc.. on the stripes masked? If thats no good Im not sure I can do much else. Tony

Comment

thanks Dana

Yea, difficult to know what to do as its not in the db.

The RAW is fine, however as you say bringing it into the db within the available edited parameters is tricky to avoid those stripes & jaggies.

1900pix - All sharpening etc.. on the stripes masked? If thats no good Im not sure I can do much else. Tony
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]14683[/ATTACH]
                      As I said, fine for me

Comment

Rejected “ bad processing “

When I get rejections I like to think I can see the reasons upon closer scrutiny. Struggling with this one. Appreciate some feedback as none given in email.
                        Cheers T

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6487744

Rejected “ bad processing “

When I get rejections I like to think I can see the reasons upon closer scrutiny. Struggling with this one. Appreciate some feedback as none given in email.
                          Cheers T
                          I think it may have had to do with the fact that the center is brighter than the rest of the frame, but that should have been a vignetting rejection, not bad processing. Other than that, I can't see any issues.

Comment

Appreciate a view on this sun setting one, don't want to run into a 'dark' rejection - Thx T

Comment

Appreciate a view on this sun setting one, don't want to run into a 'dark' rejection - Thx T

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15434[/ATTACH]
                              Dark, yes, but almost certainly a contrast rejection as well

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                                Dark, yes, but almost certainly a contrast rejection as well
                                Thx Dana, Ive done another edit, hopefully sorting dark/contrast. This was the last shot of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X