No announcement yet.

StefBrat - Editing and Screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could that be considered as ramp shot or would get a rejection for bad motive or quality wise? Any other problems?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1027829

That for being not leveled or the person is to easy to find in the world?

Name:	IMG_8213.jpg
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1027831

Not sure with the quality and light. Looks a bit strange for me...

Name:	IMG_8194.jpg
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	1027830
    View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

hi,
      1) ok as ramp
      2) motive rejection due to recognisable face
      3) contrast issue due to overexposed sky and slightly backlit as well

Kind Regards
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
        2) motive rejection due to recognisable face
        3) contrast issue due to overexposed sky and slightly backlit as well
        Okay. Thought that the second one would have a contrast problem but for you information it's not backlit as the sun was at 5 o'clock already in the back

Comment

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
          Okay. Thought that the second one would have a contrast problem but for you information it's not backlit as the sun was at 5 o'clock already in the back
          Tail in shadow, most of the fuselage in shadow, washed out background -> slightly backlit
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Would be seeking for some advice on these pics, thanks in advantage for your help

Name:	IMG_7922.jpg
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1028167

Name:	IMG_8235.jpg
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1028168

Name:	IMG_8240.jpg
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1028169

Name:	IMG_8250.jpg
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1028170

Comment

Would be seeking for some advice on these pics, thanks in advantage for your help

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15997[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15999[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16000[/ATTACH]
              1: engines are more or less pitch black. If you adjust the curves, you can improve that without impacting the rest of the image. In my opinion, there is also too much dead space below the aircraft for a chopped off tail
              2: nice! Even though it would look better if you used the rule of thirds for framing it.
              3: nice!
              4: nice!! Just don't forget the Vintage category
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                2: nice! Even though it would look better if you used the rule of thirds for framing it.
                Thanks for the feedback What do you mean with that? Do you mean I should more focus on the right and main part of the terminal? Or open the view and also show the bit cut of on the left?

Comment

Would like to hear your opinion on that photo. I thought about uploading as Spotting location...but not sure if it does not show enough of the location (there is not that much more around to show by the way).

Name:	IMG_0331.jpg
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1028682

PS: Here is the uncropped one only to compare with the edited one above

Name:	IMG_0331 (2).JPG
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1028683

Comment

Would like to hear your opinion on that photo. I thought about uploading as Spotting location...but not sure if it does not show enough of the location (there is not that much more around to show by the way).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16610[/ATTACH]

PS: Here is the uncropped one only to compare with the edited one above
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16611[/ATTACH]
                    Spotting Location should be acceptable for this one.

Comment

I would need help if these pics are okay? Of course a total look but with a special focus on the following please

1: Special focus on leveling, the plane is taxing upwards to a bridge to cross a big motorway and then taxing down to the runway. Thats why leveling is a bit difficult. What do you think?

Name:	IMG_8786.jpg
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1029210

2: Quality and crop okay? I had to cut the tail, will that be accepted?

Name:	IMG_8802.jpg
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	1029211

Thanks

Comment

hi,
                        Too much obstruction on front wheel on the 1st one. The 777 crop is really borderline, pic is ok in terms of balance but the crop on the tail is questionable. Sorry I can't help more

Regards
                        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                          The 777 crop is really borderline, pic is ok in terms of balance but the crop on the tail is questionable. Sorry I can't help more
                          Is that crop better? Because the plane is now not leveled of course as the tail is to high to get it leveled. Otherwise there would be dead space around.

1:

Name:	IMG_8802.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1029238

2: Another angle, but also plane is not leveled of course

Name:	IMG_8804.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1029239

3: different plane and different cut

Name:	IMG_8837.jpg
Size:	993.1 KB
ID:	1029240

Comment

crop 2 looks the best imo

Comment

Rejections

Hello,

today I got from 10 photos 7 rejections. Some only with undersharpen. The last time I asked for assistance I got the reply "only a little bit sharpening". What the ****. What is a little bit mean? Maybe the screen is not good enough? Or something else?
                              Also I had that time JPEG artifacts I never had before in any rejection and I did not change my process.

With a queue getting into 16000 pictures it surely makes sense to push the queue with things like "a little bit". Normally I agree with the most rejections I had with things where I forgot to delete CMOS spots and so on. But today it's simply absurd.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PS: I already tried in LR to apply "a little sharpness" and I could not see a difference in 100% view. If I apply more I will see oversharpen problems.

Comment

Hello,

today I got from 10 photos 7 rejections. Some only with undersharpen. The last time I asked for assistance I got the reply "only a little bit sharpening". What the ****. What is a little bit mean? Maybe the screen is not good enough? Or something else?
                                Also I had that time JPEG artifacts I never had before in any rejection and I did not change my process.

With a queue getting into 16000 pictures it surely makes sense to push the queue with things like "a little bit". Normally I agree with the most rejections I had with things where I forgot to delete CMOS spots and so on. But today it's simply absurd.

PS: I already tried in LR to apply "a little sharpness" and I could not see a difference in 100% view. If I apply more I will see oversharpen problems.
                                Please post any new editing/screening advice questions in the thread you already have open.

The images you link are all soft, simple as that. Suggesting that images are being rejected for small things to shorten the queue is simply ignorance (and frustration, likely) on your part, since it's easier (fewer steps) to accept an image than reject it. Rejecting more images actually would take more time and thus cause the queue to grow even longer, so your logic is flawed in that case.

Comment

Working...
                                X