No announcement yet.

StefBrat - Editing and Screening advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last 3 pictures where accepted without trouble, thanks for the help.

For the photo below, please mainly look on the framing. Not sure if I need to cut of the A330 to get the photo accepted. I think it looks better with the A330 full visible. Please judge yourself

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0471.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1031331
    View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

Comment

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
      The last 3 pictures where accepted without trouble, thanks for the help.

For the photo below, please mainly look on the framing. Not sure if I need to cut of the A330 to get the photo accepted. I think it looks better with the A330 full visible. Please judge yourself

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19821[/ATTACH]
      Hi.

It depends on the personal opinion if it get accepted or not. For me the crop works, but probably it look much nicer if you don´t cut any plane and use 16:9 format then.

Hope this will help you.
      Have a nice start into the new week!
      Best Regards from Germany,
      Julian S.​

Comment

Sharpness/Soft rejection

Hey mates,

during the last time I got many rejections for "soft". But I mainly use the same basic settings within Lightroom for all photos and then adjust the sharpness depending on the photo. But there is no indicator for sharpness like a histogram for brightness. How should I know if it's okay? Below the last rejections from today.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hey mates,

during the last time I got many rejections for "soft". But I mainly use the same basic settings within Lightroom for all photos and then adjust the sharpness depending on the photo. But there is no indicator for sharpness like a histogram for brightness. How should I know if it's okay? Below the last rejections from today.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6949700
          Neither of those look particularly soft to me. The second maybe could use a touch of sharpening, but the first I would have accepted.

If you appeal, please use your own justification rather than "I asked in the forum, and... said"

Also, please use this thread for any further posts, rather than starting a new thread each time.

Comment

Would the following photo would had a change? I thought trying it here as it was today a clear and cold day. Never tried something before. Its also not taken with a special lens, only with a normal 100-400 II

PS: Its a lot of noise/compression in the picture I just recognized that after uploading

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	1032448

Comment

Would the following photo would had a change? I thought trying it here as it was today a clear and cold day. Never tried something before. Its also not taken with a special lens, only with a normal 100-400 II

PS: Its a lot of noise/compression in the picture I just recognized that after uploading

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21199[/ATTACH]
              At 1400pix, no. Soft, and too much noise/compression as you noted. Maybe at 1024, but couldn't guarantee that.

Comment

Is this photo okay? I'm mainly asking because the tail looks a bit darker then the rest so a screener could say it way backlit but it wasn't.

Name:	IMG_0971_jp.JPG
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1032647

Comment

Is this photo okay? I'm mainly asking because the tail looks a bit darker then the rest so a screener could say it way backlit but it wasn't.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21443[/ATTACH]
                  Hi, looking backlit for me, could go either way.
                  Regards
                  T

Comment

Would such a composition have a chance? The black military police car is blocking always the view...

If yes, as what should I upload? As ramp or as Brasilian airforce?

Name:	IMG_0331.JPG
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1032707

Comment

Would such a composition have a chance? The black military police car is blocking always the view...

If yes, as what should I upload? As ramp or as Brasilian airforce?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21530[/ATTACH]
                      This should be acceptable as a Ramp shot. Borderline dark however.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Another one with help if it's good to go for upload

Name:	IMG_0781.JPG
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1032835

Comment

Thanks for the help

Another one with help if it's good to go for upload

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21686[/ATTACH]
                          Would be rejected for dirty and overprocessed.

Comment

A word on this please. Not sure if the crop is okay

Name:	IMG_0873.JPG
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	1033167

Comment

A word on this please. Not sure if the crop is okay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22084[/ATTACH]
                              Crop is ok. Slight orange tint and suffering from compression however.

Comment

I have these two below rejected because of JPEG compression. But others from the same series or from the same editing process are not having that problem in the queue. I nearly always proceed my photos with the same and of course highest quality.

This last time got rejected for being dark, I only added more brightness and thats all...why it's not "compressed"

Comment

Working...
                                X